1. Rahman M, Wang J, Patterson T, Saini U, Robinson B, Newport G, et al. Expression of genes related to oxidative stress in the mouse brain after exposure to silver-25 nanoparticles. Toxicol Lett 2009; 187:15-21.
2. Chen X, Schluesener HJ. Nanosilver: a nanoproduct in medical application. Toxicol Lett 2008; 176:1-12.
3. Oberdörster E. Manufactured nanomaterials (fullerenes, C60) induce oxidative stress in the brain of juvenile largemouth bass. Environ Health Perspect 2004; 112:1058.
4. Tang J, Xiong L, Wang Sh, Xiong L, Wang J, Li J, et al . Influence of silver nanoparticles on neurons and blood-brain barrier via subcutaneous injection in rats. Appl Surf Sci 2008; 255: 502-504.
5. Liu Z, Ren G, Zhang T, Yang Z. Action potential changes associated with the inhibitory effects on voltage-gated sodium current of hippocampal CA1 neurons by silver nanoparticles. Toxicology 2009; 264:179–184.
6. Kim YS, Kim JS, Cho HS, Rha DS, Kim JM, Park JD, et al. Twenty-eight-day oral toxicity, genotoxicity, and gender-related tissue distribution of silver nanoparticles in Sprague-Dawley rats. Inhal Toxicol 2008; 20:575–583.
7. Simon HU, Haj-Yehia A, Levi-Schaffer F. Role of reactive oxygen species (ROS) in apoptosis induction. Apoptosis 2000; 5:415-418.
8. Yang WM, Shim KJ, Choi MJ, Park SY, Choi BJ, Chang MS, et al. Novel effects of Nelumbo nucifera rhizome extract on memory and neurogenesis in the dentate gyrus of the rat hippocampus. Neurosci Lett 2008; 443:104–107.
9. Liu Y, Guan W, Ren G, Yang Zh. The possible mechanism of silver nanoparticle impact on hippocampal synaptic plasticity and spatial cognition in rats. Toxicol Lett 2012; 209:227-231.
10. Cui K, Luo X, Xu K, Ven Murthy MR. Role of oxidative stress in neurodegeneration: recent developments in assay methods for oxidative stress and nutraceutical antioxidants. Prog Neuro sychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 2004; 28:771–799.
11. Hara A, Niwa M, Iwai T, Nakashima M, Bunai Y, Uematsu T, et al. Neuronal apoptosis studied by a sequential TUNEL technique: a method for tract-tracing. Brain Res Protoc 1999; 4:140-146.
12. Zsombok A, Tóth Z, Gallyas F. Basophilia, acidophilia and argyro¬philia of “dark” (compacted) neurons during their formation, recovery or death in an otherwise undamaged environment. J Neurosci Methods 2005; 142:145–152.
13. Krysko DV, Vanden Berghe T, D’Herde K, Vandenabeele P. Apop¬tosis and necrosis: detection, discrimination and phagocytosis. Methods 2008; 44:205–221.
14. Kherani ZS, Auer RN. Pharmacologic analysis of the mechanism of dark neuron production in cerebral cortex. Acta Neuropathol 2008; 116:47-452.
15. Jafarian M, Rahimi S, Behnam F, Hosseini M, Haghir H, Sadeghzadeh B, et al. The effect of repetitive spreading depression on neuronal damage in juvenile rat brain. Neuroscience 2010; 169:388-394.
16. Sadeghi A, Ebrahimzadeh-bideskan AR*, Alipour F, Fazel AR, Haghir H. The effect of ascorbic acid & garlic administration on lead-induced neural damage in rat offspring’s hippocampus. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2013; 16:156- 164.
17. Singh N, Manshian B, Jenkins G, Griffiths SM, Williams P, Maffeis T, et al. The DNA damaging potential of engineered nanomaterials. Biomaterials 2009; 30:3891–3914.
18. Lale Ataei M, Ebrahimzadeh-bideskan AR. The effects of nano-silver and garlic administration during pregnancy on neuron apoptosis in rat offspring hippocampus. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2014; 17:411-418.
19. Mohammadipour A, Fazel AR, Haghir H, Motejaded F, Rafatpanah H, Zabihi H, et al. Maternal exposure to titanium dioxidenanoparticles during pregnancy; impaired memory and decreased hippocampal cell proliferation in rat offspring. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol 2014; 37:617-625.
20. Yang Z, Liu ZW, Allaker RP, Reip P, Oxford J, Ahmad, et al. A review of nanoparticle functionality and toxicity on the central nervous system. J R Soc Interface 2010; 7:411-422.
21. Beal MF. Mitochondria, free radicals, and neurodegeneration. Curr Opin Neurobiol 1996; 6:661-666.
22. Hsin Y, Chen C, Huang S, Shih T, Lai P, Chueh P. The apoptotic effect of nanosilver is mediated by a ROS- and JNK-dependent mechanism involving the mitochondrial pathway in NIH3T3 cells. Toxicol Lett 2008; 179:130–139.
23. Choi O, Hu Z. Size dependent and reactive oxygen species related nanosilver toxicity to nitrifying bacteria. Environ Sic Thechnol 2008; 42: 4583–4588.
24. Eun-Jung P, Eunjoo B, Jongheop Y, Younghun K, Kyunghee Ch, Sang HL, et al. Repeated dose toxicity and inflammatory responses in mice by oral administration of silver nanoparticles. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol 2010; 30:162-168.
25. Gallyas F, Kiglics V, Baracskay P, Juhász G, Czurkó A. The mode of death of epilepsy-induced “dark” neurons is neither necrosis nor apoptosis: an electron-microscopic study. Brain Res 2008; 1239:207–215.
26. Catarzi D, Colotta V, Varana F. Competitive AMPA receptor antagonists. Med Res 2007; 27:239-278.
27. Liu Zh, Zhang T, Ren G, Yang Zh. Nano-Ag inhibiting action potential independent glutamatergic synaptic transmission but increasing excitability in rat CA1 pyramidal neurons. Nanotoxicology 2012; 6:414–423.