1. Azizzadeh Delshad A, Taki Tiraihi T, Heshmati M. Temporal correlation of bax expression and axotomy-induced motoneuronal apoptosis in adult rats: A morphometric, ultrastructural and immunohistochemical study. Iran J Pathol 2008; 3:67-74.
2. Lin YL, Jen JC, Hsu SH, Chiu IM. Sciatic nerve repair by microgrooved nerve conduits made of chitosan-gold nanocomposites. Sur Neurol 2008; 70:9–18.
3. Chaudhry V, Glass JD, Griffin JW. Wallerian degeneration in peripheral nerve disease. Neurol Clin 1992; 10:613-627.
4. Tae- Kim Y, Haftel VK, Kumar S, Bellamkonda RV. The role of aligned polymer fiber-based constructs in the bridging long peripheral nerve gaps. Biomaterials 2008; 29:3117–3127.
5. Seggio AM, Narayanaswamy A, Roysam B, Thompson DM. Self-aligned Schwann cell monolayers demonstrate an inherent ability to direct neurite outgrowth. J Neural Eng 2010; 7: 046001.
6. Neubauer D
, Graham JB
, Muir D
. Nerve grafts with various sensory and motor fiber compositions are equally effective for the repair of a mixed nerve defect. Exp Neurol 2010; 223:203-206.
7. Payne CE, Hunt SP, Lamberty GH. Primary sciatic nerve repair using titanium staples. Br J Plast Surg 2002; 55:330-334.
8. Aebischer P, Salessiots JM, Winn SR. Basic fibroblast growth factor released from synthetic guidance channels facilitates regeneration across long nerve gaps. J Neurosci Res 1989; 23:282–289.
9. Jiang X, Lim SH, Mao HQ, Chew SY. Current applications and future perspectives of artificial nerve conduits. Exp Neurol 2010; 223:86–101.
10. Reed AM, Gliding DK. Biodegradable polymers for use in surgery: poly (glycolic)/poly (lactic acid) homo and copolymers, 2: in vitro degradation. Polymer ? 1981; 22:494–498.
11. Evans GR, Brandt K, Katz S, Chauvin P, Otto L, Bogle M, et al. Bioactive poly(l-lactic) conduits seeded with Schwann cells for peripheral nerve regeneration. Biomaterials 2002; 23:841–848.
12. Cai J, Peng X, Nelson KD, Eberhart R, Smith GM. Permeable guidance channels containing microfilament scaffolds enhance axon growth and maturation. J Biomed Mater Res 2005; 75:374–386.
13. Itoh S, Takakuda K, Kawabata S, Aso Y, Kasai K, Itoh H, et al. Evaluation of cross-linking procedures of collagen tubes used in peripheral nerve repair. Biomaterials 2002; 23:4475–4481.
14. Mersa B
, Agir H
, Aydin A
. Sen C
Comparison of expanded polytetrafluoroethylene (ePTFE) with autogenous vein as a nerve conduit in rat sciatic nerve defects. Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg 2004; 13:103-111.
15. Fine EG, Valentini RF, Bellamkonda R, Aebischer P. Improved nerve regeneration through piezoelectric vinyIidenefluoride- trifluoroethylene copolymer guidance channels. Biomaterials 1992; 13:183-190.
16. Basso DM, Beattie MS, Bresahan JC. A sensitive and reliable locomotor rating scale for open field testing in rats. J Neurotrauma 1995; 12:1-21.
17. Dinh P, Hazel A, Palispis W, Suryadevara S, Gupta R, Diaz-Ruiz A. functional assessment after sciatic nerve injury in a rat model. Neurosci Lett 1999; 266:61-64.
18. Belkas JS, Shoichet MS, Midha R. Peripheral nerve regeneration through guidance tubes. Neurol Res 2004; 26:151–160.
19. Miyamoto Y. Experimental study of results of nerve suture under tension vs. nerve grafting. Plast Reconstr Surg 1979; 64:540–549.
20. Itoh S, Takakuda K, Kawabata S, Aso Y, Kasai K, Itoh H, et al. Evaluation of cross-linking procedures of collagen tubes used in peripheral nerve repair. Biomaterials 2002; 23:4475–4481.
21. Matsuyama T, Mackay M, Midha R. Peripheral nerve repair and grafting techniques: a review. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 2000; 40:187–199.
22. Valentini RF, Vargo TG, Gardella JA, Aebischer P. Electrically charged polymeric substrates enhance nerve fiber outgrowth in vitro. Biomaterials 1992; 12:775-780.
23. Newsome RW, Andre EY. Measurement of the pyroelectric coefficient of polyvinylidene fluoride. down to 3 k. Physical Rev 1997; 55:7265-7271.
24. Sears TA. Structural changes in intercostals motoneurones following axotomy. J Exp Biol 1987; 132:93-109.
25. Desouza FI, Zumiotti AV, Silva CF. Neuregulins 1-alpha and1-beta on the regeneration the peripheral nerves. Acta Ortop Bras 2010; 18:250-254.
26. Zhang L, Cao R, Zhu Y, Feng G, Zhang X, Huang F. Repair of the peripheral nerve defect with the combination of allogeneic nerve and autologous neuroma. Turk Neurosurg 2010; 20:470-479.
27. Toba T, Nakamura T, Lynn AK, Matsumoto K, Fukuda S. Evaluation of peripheral nerve regeneration across an 80-mm gap using a polyglycolic acid (PGA)–collagen nerve conduit filled with laminin-soaked collagen sponge in dogs. Int J Artif 2002; 25:230–237.
28. Madduri S, Feldman K, Tervoort T, Papaloizos M, Gander B. Collagen nerve conduits releasing the neurotrophic factors GDNF and NGF. J Control Rel 2010; 143:68-74.
29. Yoshii S, Okam M. Collagen filaments as a scaffold for nerve regeneration. J Biomed Mater Res 2001; 56:400–405.