1. Ozcelikay AT, Tay A, Guner S, Tasyaran V, Yildizoglu-Ari N, Dincer UD, et al. Reversal effects of L-arginine treatment on blood pressure and vascular responsiveness of streptozotocin-diabetic rats. Pharmacol Res 2000; 41:201-209.
2. Gammelsaeter R, Froyland M, Aragon C, Danbolt NC, Fortin D, Storm-Mathisen J, et al. Glycine, GABA and their transporters in pancreatic islets of Langerhans: evidence for a paracrine transmitter interplay. J Cell Sci 2004; 117:3749-3758.
3. Gimeno M, Pallas M, Newman AH, Camarasa J, Escubedo E. The role of cyclic nucleotides in the action of peripheral-type benzodiazepine receptor ligands in rat aorta. Gen Pharmacol 1994; 25:1553-1561.
4. Holmgaard K, Aalkjaer C, Lambert JD, Hessellund A, Bek T. The relaxing effect of perivascular tissue on porcine retinal arterioles in vitro is mimicked by N-methyl-D-aspartate and is blocked by prostaglandin synthesis inhibition. Acta Ophthalmol 2008; 86:26-33.
5. Ozdem SS, Sadan G. Impairment of GABA-mediated contractions of rat isolated ileum by experimental diabetes. Pharmacology 1999; 59:165-170.
6. Soltani N, Keshavarz M, Sohanaki H, Zahedi Asl S, Dehpour AR. Relaxatory effect of magnesium on mesenteric vascular beds differs from normal and streptozotocin induced diabetic rats. Eur J Pharmacol 2005; 508:177-181.
7. McGregor DD. The Effect of sympathetic nerve stimulation of vasoconstrictor responses in perfused mesenteric blood vessels of the rat. J Physiol 1965; 177:21-30.
8. Wagner JA, Varga K, Jarai Z, Kunos G. Mesenteric vasodilation mediated by endothelial anandamide receptors. Hypertension 1999; 33: 429-434.
9. Briede J, Stivrina M, Stoldere D, Vigante B, Duburs G. Effect of cerebrocrast, a new long-acting compound on blood glucose and insulin levels in rats when administered before and after STZ-induced diabetes mellitus. Cell Biochem Funct 2007; 25:673-680.
10. Abe A, Kawasoe C, Kondo Y, Sato K. Enhancement of norepinephrine-induced transient contraction in aortic smooth muscle of diabetic mice. Acta Med Okayama 2003; 57:45-48.
11. Hadi HA, Suwaidi JA. Endothelial dysfunction in diabetes mellitus. Vasc Health Risk Manag 2007; 3:853-876.
12. Diederich D, Skopec J, Diederich A, Dai FX. Endothelial dysfunction in mesenteric resistance arteries of diabetic rats: role of free radicals. Am J Physiol 1994; 266:H1153-1161.
13. Touyz RM. Role of magnesium in the pathogenesis of hypertension. Mol Aspects Med 2003; 24:107-136.
14. Erdo S, Varga B, Horvath E. Effect of local GABA administration on rat ovarian blood flow, and on progesterone and estradiol secretion. Eur J Pharmacol 1985; 111:397-400.
15. Fergus A, Lee KS. GABAergic regulation of cerebral microvascular tone in the rat. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 1997; 17:992-1003.