1. Isse N, Ogawa Y, Tamura N, Masuzaki H, Mori K, Okazaki T, et al. Structural organization and chromosomal assignment of the human obese gene. J Biol Chem 1995; 270:27728-27733.
2. de Luis DA, Aller R, Izaola O, Conde R, Bouza JE. Lys656Asn Polymorphism of leptin receptor gene is rtelated with leptin changes after a high monounsaturated fat diet in obese patients. J Invest Med 2013; 61:286-290.
3. Ovsyannikova IG, White SJ, Larrabee BR, Grill DE, Jacobson RM, Poland GA. Leptin and leptin-related gene polymorphisms, obesity, and influenza A/H1N1 vaccine-induced immune responses in older individuals. Vaccine 2014; 32:881-887.
4. Kohan L, Nasiri M, Habib A, Bolhasani A. Association of G-2548A polymorphism in the promoter of leptin gene with plasma leptin level and risk of Type 2 Diabetes. JSSU 2013; 21:70-77.
5. Ribeiro R, Vasconcelos A, Costa S, Pinto D, Morais A, Oliveira J, et al. Overexpressing leptin genetic polymorphism (−2548 G/A) is associated with susceptibility to prostate cancer and risk of advanced disease. Prostate 2004; 59:268-274.
6. Hager J, Clement K, Francke S, Dina C, Raison J, Lahlou N, et al. A polymorphism in the 5'untranslated region of the human ob gene is associated with low leptin levels. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 1998; 22:200-205.
7. Ohshiro Y, Ueda K, Nishi M, Ishigame M, Wakasaki H, Kawashima H, et al. A polymorphic marker in the leptin gene associated with Japanese morbid obesity. J Mol Med 2000; 78:516-520.
8. Lakka TA, Rankinen T, Weisnagel SJ, Chagnon YC, Lakka H-M, Ukkola O, et al. Leptin and leptin receptor gene plymorphisms and changes in glucose homeostasis in response to regular exercise in nondiabetic individuals The HERITAGE Family Study. Diabetes 2004; 53:1603-1608.
9. Mammes O, Betoulle D, Aubert R, Herbeth B, Siest G, Fumeron F. Association of the G-2548A polymorphism in the 5′ region of the LEP gene with overweight. Ann Hum Gene 2000; 64:391-394.
10. Van der Lende T, Te Pas M, Veerkamp R, Liefers S. Leptin gene polymorphisms and their phenotypic associations. Vitam Horm 2005; 71:373-404.
11. Montague CT, Farooqi IS, Whitehead JP, Soos MA, Rau H, Wareham NJ, et al. Congenital leptin deficiency is associated with severe early-onset obesity in humans. Nature 1997; 387:903-908.
12. Le Stunff C, Le Bihan C, Schork NJ, Bougnères P. A common promoter variant of the leptin gene is associated with changes in the relationship between serum leptin and fat mass in obese girls. Diabetes 2000; 49:2196-2200.
13. Ren W, Zhang S-H, Wu J, Ni Y-X. Polymorphism of the leptin gene promoter in pedigrees of type 2 diabetes mellitus in Chongqing, China. Chin Med J 2004; 117:558-561.
14. Simpson S, Raubenheimer D. The protein leverage hypothesis in human obesity. Ann Nutr Metab 2007; 51:6-36.
15. Cao L, Mou S, Fang W, Gu L, Huang J, Gu A, Qian J, Ni Z. Hyperleptinemia, insulin resistance and survival in peritoneal dialysis patients. Nephrology 2015; 20:617-624.
16. Gawkrodger D, Ferguson A, Barnetson R. Nutritional status in patients with dermatitis herpetiformis. Am J Clin Nutr 1988; 48:355-360.
17. Mazen I, El-Gammal M, Abdel-Hamid M, Amr K. A novel homozygous missense mutation of the leptin gene (N103K) in an obese Egyptian patient. Mol Genet Metab 2009; 97:305-308.
18. Lönnqvist F, Arner P, Nordfors L, Schalling M. Overexpression of the obese (ob) gene in adipose tissue of human obese subjects. Nat Med 1995; 1:950-953.
19. Zhang Y, Proenca R, Maffei M, Barone M, Leopold L, Friedman JM. Positional cloning of the mouse obese gene and its human homologue. Nature 1994; 372:425-432.
20. Considine RV, Considine EL, Williams C, Nyce MR, Magosin SA, Bauer T, et al. Evidence against either a premature stop codon or the absence of obese gene mRNA in human obesity. J Clin Invest 1995; 95:2986.
21. Hinuy HM, Hirata MH, Forti N, Diament J, Sampaio MF, Armaganijan D, et al. Leptin G-2548A promoter polymorphism is associated with increased plasma leptin and BMI in Brazilian women. Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 2008;52:611-616.
22. Ma D, Feitosa MF, Wilk JB, Laramie JM, Yu K, Leiendecker-Foster C, et al. Leptin is associated with blood pressure and hypertension in women from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Family Heart Study. Hypertension 2009; 53:473-479.