1.Weissman BA, Sottas CM, Zhou P, Iadecola C, Hardy MP. Testosterone production in mice lacking inducible nitric oxide synthase expression is sensitive to restraint stress. Am J Physiol Endocrinol 2007; 292:615-620.
2.Shirzad H, Nasri H. Toxicity and safety of medicinal plants. J Herb Med Pharmacol 2013; 2:21-22.
3.Rafieian-kopaei M, Shahinfard N, Rouhi-Boroujeni H, Gharipour M, Darvishzadeh-Boroujeni P. Effects of Ferulago angulata extract on serum lipids and lipid peroxidation. J Evid Based Complementary Altern Med 2014; 2014:4.
4.Bahmani M, Zargaran A, Rafieian-Kopaei M, Saki M. Ethnobotanical study of medicinal plants used in the management of diabetes mellitus in the Urmia, Northwest Iran. Asian Pac J Trop Med 2014; 7: 348-354.
5.Haniadka R, Kamble PS, Azmidha A, Mane PP, Geevarughese NM, Palatty PL, et al. Review on the use of Aloe vera (Aloe) in dermatology. Nutr Health 2013; 125-133.
6.Yagi A. Possible prophylactic eEfficacy of Aloe vera for γ-ray radiation-induced damages. J Gastroen Hepatol 2013; 2.
7.Suganya S, Venugopal J, Mary SA, Ramakrishna S, Lakshmi B, Dev VG. Aloe vera incorporated biomimetic nanofibrous scaffold: a regenerative approach for skin tissue engineering. Iran Polym J 2014; 23:237-248.
8.Baradaran A, Nasri H, Nematbakhsh M, Rafieian-Kopaei M. Antioxidant activity and preventive effect of aqueous leaf extract of Aloe vera on gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in male Wistar rats. Clin Ter 2014; 165: 7-11.
9.Delfan B, Bahmani M, Eftekhari Z, Jelodari M, Saki K, Mohammadi T. Effective herbs on the wound and skin disorders: a ethnobotanical study in Lorestan province, west of Iran. Asian Pac J Trop Dis 2014; 4:938-942.
10. Grace OM, Dzajic A, Jäger AK, Nyberg NT, Önder A, Rønsted N. Monosaccharide analysis of succulent leaf tissue in Aloe. Phytochemistry 2013; 93:79-87.
11. Ray A, Aswatha SM. An analysis of the influence of growth periods on physical appearance, and acemannan and elemental distribution of Aloe vera gel. Ind Crops Prod 2013; 48:36-42.
12. Djeraba A, Quere P. In vivo macrophage activation in chickens with Acemannan, a complex carbohydrate extracted from Aloe vera. Int J Immunopharmacol 2000; 22:365-372.
13. Budai MM, Varga A, Milesz S, Tőzsér J, Benkő S. Aloe vera downregulates LPS-induced inflammatory cytokine production and expression of NLRP3 inflammasome in human macrophages. Mol Immunol 2013; 56:471-479.
14. Klein-Wieringa IR, Andersen NS, Kwekkeboom JC, Giera M, de Lange-Brokaar BJ, van Osch GJ, et al. Adipocytes modulate the phenotype of human macrophages through secreted lipids. J Immunol 2013; 191:1356-1363.
15. YanL, Li Z. Mannose receptor ligands regulate the gene expression of Toll-like receptors in chicken monocytes. J Poult Sci 2013; 50:388-395.
16. Pitsikas N. The role of nitric oxide in the object recognition memory. Behav Brain Res 2015; 285: 200–207.
17. Jarazo-Dietrich S, Jacobo P, Pérez C, Guazzone V, Lustig L, Theas M. Up regulation of nitric oxide synthase–nitric oxide system in the testis of rats undergoing autoimmune orchitis. Immunobiology 2012; 217: 778-787.
18. Andric SA, Janjic MM, Stojkov NJ, Kostic TS. Testosterone-induced modulation of nitric oxide-cGMP signaling pathway and androgenesis in the rat Leydig cells. Biol Reprod 2010; 83:434-442.
19. Ikegami H, Kajikawa S, Ito K, Nii A, Okamiya H, Nakayama H, et al. Immunohistochemical study on inducible type of nitric oxide (iNOS), basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) and tumor growth factor-β1 (TGF-β1) in arteritis induced in rats by fenoldopam and theophylline, vasodilators. Exp Toxicol Pathol 2002; 54:1-7.
20. Lal B, Dubey N. Existence of a nitric oxide synthase/nitric oxide system in fish testis and its role in modulation of androgenesis. Fish Physiol Biochem 2013; 39:65-69.
21. Auharek S, Lara N, Avelar G, Sharpe R, França L. Effects of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) deficiency in mice on Sertoli cell proliferation and perinatal testis development. Int J Androl 2012; 35: 741-751.
22. Yu W, Zheng H, Lin W, Tajima A, Zhang Y, Zhang X, et al. Estrogen promotes Leydig cell engulfment by macrophages in male infertility. J Clin Invest 2014; 124:2709–27210.
23. Valenti S, Cuttica CM, Fazzuoli L, Giordano G, Giusti M. Biphasic effect of nitric oxide on testosterone and cyclic GMP production by purified rat Leydig cells cultured in vitro. Int J Androl 1999; 22:336-41.
24. Rajasekaran S, Sivagnanam K, Subramanian S. Antioxidant effect of Aloe vera gel extract in streptozotocin-induced diabetes in rats. Pharmacol Report 2005; 57: 90-96.
25. Rabiei Z, Rafieian-kopaei M, Heidarian E, Saghaei E, Mokhtari S. Effects of zizyphus jujube extract on memory and learning impairment induced by bilateral electric lesions of the nucleus basalis of meynert in rat. Neurochem Res 2014; 39: 353-360.
26. Rabiei Z, M Rafieian-Kopaei. Neuroprotective effect of pretreatment with Lavandula officinalis ethanolic extract on blood-brain barrier permeability in a rat stroke model. Asian Pac J Trop Med 2014; 7: 421-426.
27. Rabiei Z, Rafieian-kopaei M, Mokhtari S, Shahrani M. Effect of dietary ethanolic extract of lavandula officinalis on serum lipids profile in pats. Iran J Pharm Res 2014; 13:1295–1301.
28. Rajasekaran S, Sivagnanam K, Ravi K, Subramanian S. Hypoglycemic effect of Aloe vera gel on streptozotocin-induced diabetes in experimental rats. J Med Food 2004; 7:61-66.
29. Rajasekaran S, Sivagnanam K, Ravi K, Subramanian S. Beneficial effects of Aloe vera leaf gel extract on lipid profile status in rats with streptozotocin diabetes. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 2006; 33:232-237.
30. Lucio RA, Tlachi-López JL, Eguibar JR, Ågmo A. Sperm count and sperm motility decrease in old rats. Physiol Behav 2013; 110–111:73-79.
31. Navarro-Gonzálvez JA, García-Benayas C, Arenas J. Semiautomated measurement of nitrate in biological fluids. Clin Chem 1998; 44:679-681.
32. Dimmeler S, Zeiher A. Nitric Oxide and Apoptosis: Another paradigm for the double-edged role of nitric Oxide. Nitric Oxide 1997; 2:75–281.
33. Cohen O, Ish-Shalom E, Kfir-Erenfeld S, Herr I, Yefenof E. Nitric oxide and glucocorticoids synergize in inducing apoptosis of CD4+8+thymocytes: implications for ‘Death by Neglect’ and T-cell function. Int Immunol 2012; 24:783-791.
34. F, Ni B, Liu M, Feng Z, Xiong Q, Xiao S, Shao G. Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae-derived lipid-associated membrane proteins induce apoptosis in porcine alveolar macrophage via increasing nitric oxide production, oxidative stress, and caspase-3 activation. Vet Immunopathol 2013; 55–161.
35. Saini A, Shenoy G, Rath S, Bal V, George A. Inducible nitric oxide synthase is a major intermediate in signaling pathways for the survival of plasma cells. Nat Immunol 2014; 15:275–228.
36. Lue Y, Sinha Hikim AP, Wang C, Leung A, Swerdloff RS. Functional role of inducible nitric oxide synthase in the induction of male germ cell apoptosis, regulation of sperm number, and determination of testes size: evidence from null mutant mice. J Endocrinol 2003; 144:3092-3100.
37. Chen D, Zheng W, Lin A, Uyhazi K, Zhao H, Lin H. Pumilio 1 suppresses multiple activators of p53 to safeguard spermatogenesis. Curr Biol 2012; 22:420-425.
38. Broniowska KA, Diers AR, Corbett JA, Hogg N. Effect of nitric oxide on naphthoquinone toxicity in endothelial cells: role of bioenergetic dysfunction and poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase activation. Biochemistry 2013; 52:4364–4372.
39. Nee Pathak ND, Lal B. Paracrine role of macrophage produced-nitric oxide (NO) in Leydig cell steroidogenesis in a teleost, Clarias batrachus: Impact of gonadotropin, growth hormone and insulin on NO production by testicular macrophages. Gen Comp Endocrinol 2009; 160:12-18.
40. Karimi Jashni HH, Najmadini N, Hooshm F. Effect of alcoholic extract of Aloe vera plant on serum testosterone and gonadotropin levels in rats. J Jahrom Univ Med Sci 2012; 10:1-8.
41. Skarzynski DJ, Kobayashi S, Okuda K. Influence of nitric oxide and noradrenaline on prostaglandin F2α-induced oxytocin secretion and intracellular calcium mobilization in cultured bovine luteal cells. Biol Reprod 2000; 63:1000-1005.
42. Mondillo C, Pagotto RM, Piotrkowski B, Reche CG, Patrignani ZJ, Cymeryng CB, et al. Involvement of nitric oxide synthase in the mechanism of histamine-induced inhibition of Leydig cell steroidogenesis via histamine receptor subtypes in Sprague-Dawley rats. Biol Reprod 2009; 80:144-152.
43. Nee Pathak ND, Lal B. Nitric oxide: An autocrine regulator of Leydig cell steroidogenesis in the Asian catfish, Clarias batrachus. Gen Comp Endocrinol 2008; 158:161-167.
44. Elmore S. Apoptosis: a review of programmed cell death. Toxicol Pathol 2007; 35:495-516.
45. Brookes PS, Levonen AL, Shiva S, Sarti S, Darley-Usmar VM. Mitochondria: regulators of signal transduction by reactive oxygen and nitrogen species. Free Radic Biol Med 2002; 33:755-764.
46. Sinha-Hikim I, Braga M, Shen R, Hikim APS. Involvement of c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase and nitric oxide-mediated mitochondria-dependent intrinsic pathway signaling in cardiotoxin-induced muscle cell death: role of testosterone. Apoptosis 2007; 12:1965-1978.
47.Ghatan S, Larner S, Kinoshita Y, Hetman M, Patel L, Xia Z, et al. P38 MAP kinase mediates BAX translocation in nitric oxide–induced apoptosis in neurons. J Cell Biol 2000; 150:335-348.
48. Hikim APS, Lue Y, Diaz-Romero M, Yen PH, Wang C, Swerdloff RS. Deciphering the pathways of germ cell apoptosis in the testis. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 2003; 85:175-182.
49. Tripathi R, Mishra DP,Shaha C. Male germ cell development: turning on the apoptotic pathways. J Reprod Immunol 2009; 83:31-35.
50. Yamamoto CM, Sinha Hikim AP, Huynh PN, Shapiro B, Lue YH, Salameh WA, et al. Redistribution of Bax is an early step in an apoptotic pathway leading to germ cell death in rats, triggered by mild testicular hyperthermia. Biol Reprod 2000; 63:1683–1690.