1. Hartgrink HH, Jansen EP, van Grieken NC, van de Velde CJ. Gastric cancer. Lancet 2009; 374:477-490.
2. Kamangar F, Dores GM, Anderson WF. Patterns of cancer incidence, mortality, and prevalence across five continents: defining priorities to reduce cancer disparities in different geographic regions of the world. J Clin Oncol 2006; 24:2137-2150.
3. Tang H, Kong Y, Guo J, Tang Y, Xie X, Yang L, et al. Diallyl disulfide suppresses proliferation and induces apoptosis in human gastric cancer through Wnt-1 signaling pathway by up-regulation of miR-200b and miR-22. Cancer Lett 2013; 340:72-81.
4. Tan Z, Jiang H, Wu Y, Xie L, Dai W, Tang H, et al. miR-185 is an independent prognosis factor and suppresses tumor metastasis in gastric cancer. Mol Cell Biochem 2014; 386:223-231.
5. German MA, Pillay M, Jeong DH, Hetawal A, Luo S, Janardhanan P, et al. Global identification of microRNA-target RNA pairs by parallel analysis of RNA ends. Nat Biotechnol 2008; 26:941-946.
6. Gu Y, Cheng Y, Song Y, Zhang Z, Deng M, Wang C, et al. MicroRNA-493 suppresses tumor growth, invasion and metastasis of lung cancer by regulating E2F1. PLoS One 2014; 9:e102602.
7. Cheng CJ, Slack FJ. The duality of oncomiR addiction in the maintenance and treatment of cancer. Cancer J 2012; 18:232-237.
8. Tang H, Deng M, Tang Y, Xie X, Guo J, Kong Y, et al. miR-200b and miR-200c as Prognostic Factors and Mediators of Gastric Cancer Cell Progression. Clin Cancer Res 2013;19:5602-5612.
9. Zheng B, Liang L, Wang C, Huang S, Cao X, Zha R, et al. MicroRNA-148a suppresses tumor cell invasion and metastasis by downregulating ROCK1 in gastric cancer. Clin Cancer Res 2011; 17:7574-7583.
10. Liu D, Xia P, Diao D, Cheng Y, Zhang H, Yuan D, et al. MiRNA-429 suppresses the growth of gastric cancer cells in vitro. J Biomed Res 2012; 26: 389-393.
11. He XP, Shao Y, Li XL, Xu W, Chen GS, Sun HH, et al. Downregulation of miR-101 in gastric cancer correlates with cyclooxygenase-2 overexpression and tumor growth. FEBS J 2012; 279:4201-4212.
12. Zhang L, Liu X, Jin H, Guo X, Xia L, Chen Z, et al. miR-206 inhibits gastric cancer proliferation in part by repressing cyclinD2. Cancer Lett 2013; 332: 94-101.
13. Qin S, Ai F, Ji WF, Rao W, Zhang HC, Yao WJ. miR-19a Promotes Cell Growth and Tumorigenesis through Targeting SOCS1 in Gastric Cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2013; 14:835-840.
14. Wang M, Li C, Yu B, Su L, Li J, Ju J, et al. Overexpressed miR-301a promotes cell proliferation and invasion by targeting RUNX3 in gastric cancer. J Gastroenterol 2013; 48:1023-1033.
15. Wu W, Takanashi M, Borjigin N, Ohno SI, Fujita K, Hoshino S, et al. MicroRNA-18a modulates STAT3 activity through negative regulation of PIAS3 during gastric adenocarcinogenesis. Br J Cancer 2013; 108:653-661.
16. Yang ZX, Lu CY, Yang YL, Dou KF, Tao KS. MicroRNA-125b expression in gastric adenocarcinoma and its effect on the proliferation of gastric cancer cells. Mol Med Rep 2013; 7:229-232.
17. Zhi Q, Guo X, Guo L, Zhang R, Jiang J, Ji J, et al. Oncogenic miR-544 is an important molecular target in gastric cancer. Anticancer Agents Med Chem 2013; 13:270-275.
18. Guo JX, Tao QS, Lou PR, Chen XC, Chen J, Yuan JB. miR-181b as a potential molecular target for anticancer therapy of gastric neoplasms. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2013; 13:2263-2267.
19. Ueno K, Hirata H, Majid S, Yamamura S, Shahryari V, Tabatabai ZL, et al. Tumor suppressor microRNA-493 decreases cell motility and migration ability in human bladder cancer cells by downregulating RhoC and FZD4. Mol Cancer Ther 2012; 11:244-253.
20. Okamoto K, Ishiguro T, Midorikawa Y, Ohata H, Izumiya M, Tsuchiya N, et al. miR-493 induction during carcinogenesis blocks metastatic settlement of colon cancer cells in liver. EMBO J 2012; 31:1752-1763.
21. Gao J, Li L, Wu M, Liu M, Xie X, Guo J, et al. MiR-26a inhibits proliferation and migration of breast cancer through repression of MCL-1. PLoS One 2013; 8:e65138.
22. Zhang J, Zhang Y, Liu S, Zhang Q, Wang Y, Tong L, et al. Metadherin confers chemoresistance of cervical cancer cells by inducing autophagy and activating ERK/NF-kappaB pathway. Tumour Biol 2013; 34:2433-2440.
23. Zhu K, Dai Z, Pan Q, Wang Z, Yang GH, Yu L, et al. Metadherin promotes hepatocellular carcinoma metastasis through induction of epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Clin Cancer Res 2011; 17:7294-7302.
24. Hoshino D, Koshikawa N, Seiki M. A p27(kip1)-binding protein, p27RF-Rho, promotes cancer metastasis via activation of RhoA and RhoC. J Biol Chem 2011; 286:3139-3148.
25. Karlsson R, Pedersen ED, Wang Z, Brakebusch C. Rho GTPase function in tumorigenesis. Biochim Biophys Acta 2009; 1796:91-98.
26. Ikoma T, Takahashi T, Nagano S, Li YM, Ohno Y, Ando K, et al. A definitive role of RhoC in metastasis of orthotopic lung cancer in mice. Clin Cancer Res 2004; 10:1192-1200.
27. Shida A, Fujioka S, Takahashi N, Aoki H, Okamoto T, Mitsumori N, et al. Reduced expression of Rho GDP dissociation inhibitor 2 mRNA is associated with lymph node metastasis in gastric carcinoma. Oncol Lett 2013; 6:463-467.
28. Hakem A, Sanchez-Sweatman O, You-Ten A, Duncan G, Wakeham A, Khokha R, et al. RhoC is dispensable for embryogenesis and tumor initiation but essential for metastasis. Genes Dev 2005;19:1974-1979.