1. Chevaliez S, Pawlotsky JM. Diagnosis and management of chronic viral hepatitis: antigens, antibodies and viral genomes. Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 2008; 22:1031-1048.
2. Moradi A, Khodabakhshi B, Sadeghipour M, Besharat S, Tabarraei A. Concurrent infections of hepatitis C and HIV in hepatitis B patients in the north-east of Iran. Trop Doct 2011; 41:129-131.
3. Ahmad B, Ali S, Ali I, Azam S, Bashir S. Response rates of standard interferon therapy in chronic HCV patients of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK). Virol J 2012; 9:18.
4. Pagano JS, Blaser M, Buendia MA, Damania B, Khalili K, Raab- Traub N,
. Infectious agents and cancer: criteria for a causal relation. Semin Cancer Biol 2004; 14:453-471.
5. Hirase C, Maeda Y, Yamaguchi T, Miyatake J, Kanamaru A. mTOR inhibition and adult T-cell leukemia. Leuk Lymphoma 2009; 50:645-647.
6. Maeda E, Akahane M, Kiryu S, Kato N, Yoshikawa T, Hayashi N,et al. Spectrum of Epstein-Barr virus-related diseases: a pictorial review. Jpn J Radiol 2009; 27:4-19.
7. Shimamoto Y, Nomura S, Ishii K, Shimizu M, Ozaki Y, Ito T,
. Adult T-cell leukemia after immunosuppressive therapy for systemic lupus erythematosus. Int J Hematol 2009 ; 89:128-129.
8. Rezaee SA, Cunningham C, Davison AJ, Blackbourn DJ. Kaposi’s sarcoma-associated herpesvirus immune modulation: an overview. J Gen Virol 2006; 87:1781-1804.
9. Verdonck K GE, Van Dooren S, Vandamme AM,Vanham G, Gotuzzo E. Human T-lymphotropic virus 1: recent knowledge about an ancient infection. Lancet Infect Dis 2007; 7:266-281.
10. Trevino A, Aguilera A, Caballero E, Benito R, Parra P, Eiros JM,
. Trends in the prevalence and distribution of HTLV-I and HTLV-II infections in Spain. Virol J 2012; 9:71.
11. Yamashiro T, Kamiya H, Miyara T, Gibo S, Ogawa K, Akamine T,
. CT scans of the chest in carriers of human T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1: presence of interstitial pneumonia. Acad Radiol 2012; 19:952-957.
12. Naderi M, Paryan M, Azadmanesh K, Rafatpanah H, Rezvan H, Mirab Samiee S. Design and development of a quantitative real time PCR assay for monitoring of HTLV-I provirus in whole blood. J Clin Virol 2012; 53:302-307.
13. Sadeghian MH, Keramati MR, Ayatollahi H, Feizabadi AS, Tehranaian F, Shakibyee H. Is there any relationship between expressions of minor blood group antigens with HTLV-I infection? Transfus Apher Sci 2012; 47:151-154.
14. Rafatpanah H, Hedayati-Moghaddam MR, Fathimoghadam F, Bidkhori HR, Shamsian SK, Ahmadi S, Rezaee SA,
. High prevalence of HTLV-I infection in Mashhad, Northeast Iran: a population-based seroepidemiology survey. J Clin Virol 2011; 52:172-176.
15. Saito M, Bangham CR. Immunopathogenesis of human T-cell leukemia virus type-1-associated myelopathy/tropical spastic paraparesis: recent perspectives. Leuk Res Treatment 2012; 2012:259045.
16. Abdelbary NH, Abdullah HM, Matsuzaki T, Hayashi D, Tanaka Y, Takashima H,
. Reduced Tim-3 expression on human T-lymphotropic virus type I (HTLV-I) Tax-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes in HTLV-I infection. J Infect Dis 2011; 203:948-959.
17. Rafatpanah H, Farid R, Golanbar G, Jabbari Azad F. HTLV-I Infection: virus structure, immune response to the virus and genetic association studies in HTLV-I-infected individuals. Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol 2006; 5:153-166.
18. Franchini G, Tartaglia J, Markham P, Benson J, Fullen J, Wills M,
. Highly attenuated HTLV type Ienv poxvirus vaccines induce protection against a cell-associated HTLV type I challenge in rabbits. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 1995; 11:307-313.
19. Ciminale V, Pavlakis GN, Derse D, Cunningham CP, Felber BK. Complex splicing in the human T-cell leukemia virus (HTLV) family of retroviruses: novel mRNAs and proteins produced by HTLV type I. J Virol 1992; 66:1737-1745.
20. Koralnik IJ, Gessain A, Klotman ME, Lo Monico A, Berneman ZN, Franchini G. Protein isoforms encoded by the pX region of human T-cell leukemia/lymphotropic virus type I. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1992; 89:8813-8817.
21. Beimling P, Moelling K. Direct interaction of CREB protein with 21 bp Tax-response elements of HTLV-ILTR. Oncogene 1992; 7:257- 262.
22. Zhao LJ, Giam CZ. Human T-cell lymphotropic virus type I (HTLV-I) transcriptional activator, Tax, enhances CREB binding to HTLV-I 21-base-pair repeats by protein-protein interaction. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1992; 89:7070-7074.
23. Paca-Uccaralertkun S, Zhao LJ, Adya N, Cross JV, Cullen BR, Boros IM,
. In vitro selection of DNA elements highly responsive to the human T-cell lymphotropic virus type I transcriptional activator, Tax. Mol Cell Biol 1994; 14:456-462.
24. Adya N, Giam CZ. Distinct regions in human T-cell lymphotropic virus type I tax mediate interactions with activator protein CREB and basal transcription factors. J Virol 1995 ; 69:1834-1841.
25. Smith MR, Greene WC. Characterization of a novel nuclear localization signal in the HTLV-I tax transactivator protein. Virology 1992; 187:316-320.
26. Suzuki T, Hirai H, Fujisawa J, Fujita T, Yoshida M. A trans-activator Tax of human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 binds to NF-kappa B p50 and serum response factor (SRF) and associates with enhancer DNAs of the NF-kappa B site and CArG box. Oncogene 1993; 8:2391-2397.
27. Goren I, Semmes OJ, Jeang KT, Moelling K. The amino terminus of Tax is required for interaction with the cyclic AMP response element binding protein. J Virol 1995; 69:5806-5811.
28. Perini G, Wagner S, Green MR. Recognition of bZIP proteins by the human T-cell leukaemia virus transactivator Tax. Nature 1995; 376:602-605.
29. Harrod R, Tang Y, Nicot C, Lu HS, Vassilev A, Nakatani Y,
. An exposed KID-like domain in human T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1 Tax is responsible for the recruitment of coactivators CBP/p300. Mol Cell Biol 1998; 18:5052-5061.
30. Kaida A, Ariumi Y, Ueda Y, Lin JY, Hijikata M, Ikawa S,
. Functional impairment of p73 and p51, the p53-related proteins, by the human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 Tax oncoprotein. Oncogene 2000; 19:827-830.
31. Colgin MA, Nyborg JK. The human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 oncoprotein Tax inhibits the transcriptional activity of c-Myb through competition for the CREB binding protein. J Virol 1998; 72:9396-9399.
32. Sun SC, Maggirwar SB, Harhaj EW, Uhlik M. Binding of c-Rel to STAT5 target sequences in HTLV-I-transformed T cells. Oncogene 1999; 18:1401-1409.
33. Ng PW, Iha H, Iwanaga Y, Bittner M, Chen Y, Jiang Y,
. Genome-wide expression changes induced by HTLV-I Tax: evidence for MLK-3 mixed lineage kinase involvement in Tax-mediated NF-kappaB activation. Oncogene 2001; 20:4484-4496.
34. Franchini G, Fukumoto R, Fullen JR. T-cell control by human T-cell leukemia/lymphoma virus type 1. Int J Hematol 2003; 78:280- 296.
35. Grassmann R, Dengler C, Muller-Fleckenstein I, Fleckenstein B, McGuire K, Dokhelar MC. Transformation to continuous growth of primary human T lymphocytes by human T-cell leukemia virus type I X-region genes transduced by a Herpesvirus saimiri vector. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1989; 86:3351-3355.
36. Pozzatti R, Vogel J, Jay G. The human T-lymphotropic virus type I tax gene can cooperate with the ras oncogene to induce neoplastic transformation of cells. Mol Cell Biol 1990; 10:413-417.
37. Tanaka A, Takahashi C, Yamaoka S, Nosaka T, Maki M, Hatanaka M. Oncogenic transformation by the tax gene of human T-cell leukemia virus type I in vitro. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1990; 87:1071- 1075.
38. Grassmann R, Berchtold S, Radant I, Alt M, Fleckenstein B, Sodroski JG,
. Role of human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 X region proteins in immortalization of primary human lymphocytes in culture. J Virol 1992; 66:4570-4575.
39. Akagi T, Shimotohno K. Proliferative response of Tax1-transduced primary human T cells to anti-CD3 antibody stimulation by an interleukin-2-independent pathway. J Virol 1993 ; 67:1211-1217.
40. Grossman WJ, Kimata JT, Wong FH, Zutter M, Ley TJ, Ratner L. Development of leukemia in mice transgenic for the tax gene of human T-cell leukemia virus type I. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1995; 92:1057-1061.
41. Nagashima K, Yoshida M, Seiki M. A single species of pX mRNA of human T-cell leukemia virus type I encodes trans-activator p40x and two other phosphoproteins. J Virol 1986; 60:394-399.
42. Inoue Y, Kuroda N, Shiraki H, Sato H, Maeda Y. Neutralizing activity of human antibodies against the structural protein of human T-cell lymphotropic virus type I. Int J Cancer 1992; 52:877-880.
43. Hidaka T, Nakahata S, Hatakeyama K, Hamasaki M, Yamashita K, Kohno T,
. Down-regulation of TCF8 is involved in the leukemogenesis of adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma. Blood 2008;112:383-393.
44. Ballaun C, Farrington GK, Dobrovnik M, Rusche J, Hauber J, Bohnlein E. Functional analysis of human T-cell leukemia virus type I rex-response element: direct RNA binding of Rex protein correlates with in vivo activity. J Virol 1991; 65:4408-4413.
45. Yoshida M, Osame M, Usuku K, Matsumoto M, Igata A. Viruses detected in HTLV-I-associated myelopathy and adult T-cell leukaemia are identical on DNA blotting. Lancet 1987; 1:1085-1086.
46. Hanly SM, Rimsky LT, Malim MH, Kim JH, Hauber J, Duc Dodon M,
. Comparative analysis of the HTLV-I Rex and HIV-1 Rev trans-regulatory proteins and their RNA response elements. Genes Dev 1989; 3:1534-1544.
47. Derse D, Mikovits J, Ruscetti F. X-I and X-II open reading frames of HTLV-I are not required for virus replication or for immortalization of primary T-cells in vitro. Virology 1997; 237:123-128.
48. Robek MD, Wong FH, Ratner L. Human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 pX-I and pX-II open reading frames are dispensable for the immortalization of primary lymphocytes. J Virol 1998; 72:4458- 4462.
49. Collins ND, Newbound GC, Albrecht B, Beard JL, Ratner L, Lairmore MD. Selective ablation of human T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1 p12I reduces viral infectivity in vivo. Blood 1998; 91:4701- 4707.
50. Franchini G, Mulloy JC, Koralnik IJ, Lo Monico A, Sparkowski JJ, Andresson T,
. The human T-cell leukemia/lymphotropic virus type I p12I protein cooperates with the E5 oncoprotein of bovine papillomavirus in cell transformation and binds the 16-kilodalton subunit of the vacuolar H+ ATPase. J Virol 1993; 67:7701-7704.
51. Mulloy JC, Crownley RW, Fullen J, Leonard WJ, Franchini G. The human T-cell leukemia/lymphotropic virus type 1 p12I proteins
bind the interleukin-2 receptor beta and gammac chains and affects their expression on the cell surface. J Virol 1996; 70:3599- 3605.
52. Albrecht B, Collins ND, Burniston MT, Nisbet JW, Ratner L, Green PL,
. Human T-lymphotropic virus type 1 open reading frame I p12(I) is required for efficient viral infectivity in primary lymphocytes. J Virol 2000; 74:9828-9835.
53.Trovato R, Mulloy JC, Johnson JM, Takemoto S, de Oliveira MP, Franchini G. A lysine-to-arginine change found in natural alleles of the human T-cell lymphotropic/leukemia virus type 1 p12(I) protein greatly influences its stability. J Virol 1999; 73:6460-6467.
54. Jacobson S, Shida H, McFarlin DE, Fauci AS, Koenig S. Circulating CD8+ cytotoxic T lymphocytes specific for HTLV-I pX in patients with HTLV-I associated neurological disease. Nature 1990; 348:245-248.
55. Igakura T, Stinchcombe JC, Goon PK, Taylor GP, Weber JN, Griffiths GM,
. Spread of HTLV-I Between Lymphocytes by Virus-Induced Polarization of the Cytoskeleton. Science 2003; 299:1713- 1716.
56. Manel N, Kim FJ, Kinet S, Taylor N, Sitbon M, Battini JL. The ubiquitous glucose transporter GLUT-1 is a receptor for HTLV. Cell 2003; 115:449-459.
57. Jones KS, Akel S, Petrow-Sadowski C, Huang Y, Bertolette DC, Ruscetti FW. Induction of human T cell leukemia virus type I receptors on quiescent naive T lymphocytes by TGF-beta. J Immunol 2005; 174:4262-4270.
58. Okochi H, Kurita K, Sugui K, Sugiyama I, Takahashi M. [Discussion. Consequences of the research on re-evaluation of public heath activities]. Hokenfu Zasshi 1984; 40:876-896.
59. Akashi-Tanaka S, Fukutomi T, Sato N, Iwamoto E, Watanabe T, Katsumata N,
. The use of contrast-enhanced computed tomography before neoadjuvant chemotherapy to identify patients likely to be treated safely with breast-conserving surgery. Ann Surg 2004; 239:238-243.
60. Etoh K, Tamiya S, Yamaguchi K, Okayama A, Tsubouchi H, Ideta T,
. Persistent clonal proliferation of human T-lymphotropic virus type I-infected cells in vivo. Cancer Res 1997; 57:4862-4867.
61. Okayama A, Stuver S, Matsuoka M, Ishizaki J, Tanaka G, Kubuki Y,
. Role of HTLV-I proviral DNA load and clonality in the development of adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma in asymptomatic carriers. Int J Cancer 2004; 110:621-625.
62. Barnard AL, Igakura T, Tanaka Y, Taylor GP, Bangham CR. Engagement of specific T-cell surface molecules regulates cytoskeletal polarization in HTLV-I-infected lymphocytes. Blood 2005; 106:988-995.
63. Bangham J, Chapman T, Smith HK, Partridge L. Influence of female reproductive anatomy on the outcome of sperm competition in Drosophila melanogaster. Proc Biol Sci 2003; 270:523-520.
64. Mesnard JM, Barbeau B, Devaux C. HBZ, a new important player in the mystery of adult T-cell leukemia. Blood 2006; 108:3979-3982.
65. Tabakin-Fix Y, Azran I, Schavinky-Khrapunsky Y, Levy O, Aboud M. Functional inactivation of p53 by human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 Tax protein: mechanisms and clinical implications. Carcinogenesis 2006; 27:673-681.
66. Cesarman E, Chadburn A, Inghirami G, Gaidano G, Knowles DM. Structural and functional analysis of oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes in adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma shows frequent p53 mutations. Blood 1992; 80:3205-3216.
67. Satoh M, Toma H, Sugahara K, Etoh K, Shiroma Y, Kiyuna S,
. Involvement of IL-2/IL-2R system activation by parasite antigen in polyclonal expansion of CD4(+)25(+) HTLV-I-infected T-cells in human carriers of both HTLV-I and S. stercoralis. Oncogene 2002; 21:2466-2475.
68. Jacobson S. Cellular immune responses to HTLV-I: immunopathogenic role in HTLV-I-associated neurologic disease. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol 1996; 13:S100-6.
69. Brauweiler A, Garrus JE, Reed JC, Nyborg JK. Repression of bax gene expression by the HTLV-I Tax protein: implications for suppression of apoptosis in virally infected cells. Virology 1997; 231:135-40.
70. Yamada T, Yamaoka S, Goto T, Nakai M, Tsujimoto Y, Hatanaka M. The human T-cell leukemia virus type I Tax protein induces apoptosis which is blocked by the Bcl-2 protein. J Virol 1994; 68:3374- 3379.
71. Mulloy JC, Kislyakova T, Cereseto A, Casareto L, LoMonico A, Fullen J,
. Human T-cell lymphotropic/leukemia virus type 1 Tax abrogates p53-induced cell cycle arrest and apoptosis through its CREB/ATF functional domain. J Virol 1998; 72:8852-8860.
72. Furnia A, Lal R, Maloney E, Wiktor S, Pate E, Rudolph D,
. Estimating the time of HTLV-I infection following mother-to-child transmission in a breast-feeding population in Jamaica. J Med Virol 1999; 59:541-546.
73. Manns A, Hisada M, La Grenade L. Human T-lymphotropic virus type I infection. Lancet 1999; 353:1951-1958.
74. Manns A, Miley WJ, Waters D, Hanchard B, Wharfe G, Cranston B,
. Prognostic significance of quantitative viral markers in adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma. Blood 1999; 94:372-373.
75. Manns A, Miley WJ, Wilks RJ, Morgan OS, Hanchard B, Wharfe G,
. Quantitative proviral DNA and antibody levels in the natural history of HTLV-I infection. J Infect Dis 1999; 180:1487-1493.
76. Nagai M, Usuku K, Matsumoto W, Kodama D, Takenouchi N, Moritoyo T,
. Analysis of HTLV-I proviral load in 202 HAM/TSP patients and 243 asymptomatic HTLV-I carriers: high proviral load strongly predisposes to HAM/TSP. J Neurovirol 1998; 4:586-593.
77. Sugimoto M, Kitaichi M, Ikeda A, Nagai S, Izumi T. Chronic bronchioloalveolitis associated with human T-cell lymphotrophic virus type I infection. Curr Opin Pulm Med 1998; 4:98-102.
78. Yoshida M, Seiki M, Yamaguchi K, Takatsuki K. Monoclonal integration of human T-cell leukemia provirus in all primary tumors of adult T-cell leukemia suggests causative role of human T-cell leukemia virus in the disease. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1984; 81:2534- 2537.
79. Taylor GP, Tosswill JH, Matutes E, Daenke S, Hall S, Bain BJ,
. Prospective study of HTLV-I infection in an initially asymptomatic cohort. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 1999; 22:92-100.
80. Kubota R, Fujiyoshi T, Izumo S, Yashiki S, Maruyama I, Osame M,
. Fluctuation of HTLV-I proviral DNA in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of HTLV-I-associated myelopathy. J Neuroimmunol 1993; 4:147-154.
81.Ohshima K, Mukai Y, Shiraki H, Suzumiya J, Tashiro K, Kikuchi M. Clonal integration and expression of human T-cell lymphotropic virus type I in carriers detected by polymerase chain reaction and inverse PCR. Am J Hematol 1997; 54:306-312.
82. Hara S, Yokote T, Akioka T, Oka S, Yamano T, Tsuji M,
. [Graft-versus-ATLL effect induced by abrupt discontinuation of immunosuppression following allogeneic bone marrow transplantation]. Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 2005; 32:867-871.
83. Yamano Y, Nagai M, Brennan M, Mora CA, Soldan SS, Tomaru U,
. Correlation of human T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1 (HTLV-I) mRNA with proviral DNA load, virus-specific CD8(+) T cells, and disease severity in HTLV-I-associated myelopathy (HAM/TSP). Blood 2002; 99:88-94.
84. Kamihira S, Dateki N, Sugahara K, Hayashi T, Harasawa H, Minami S,
. Significance of HTLV-I proviral load quantification by real-time PCR as a surrogate marker for HTLV-I-infected cell count. Clin Lab Haematol 2003; 25:111-117.
85. Bangham CR, Hall SE, Jeffery KJ, Vine AM, Witkover A, Nowak MA,
. Genetic control and dynamics of the cellular immune response to the human T-cell leukaemia virus, HTLV-I. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 1999; 354:691-700.
86. Nitta T, Tanaka M, Sun B, Hanai S, Miwa M. The genetic background as a determinant of human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 proviral load. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2003; 309:161-165.
87. Nishimura M, Maeda M, Yasunaga J, Kawakami H, Kaji R, Adachi A,
. Influence of cytokine and mannose binding protein gene polymorphisms on human T-cell leukemia virus type I (hTLV-I) provirus load in HTLV-I asymptomatic carriers. Hum Immunol 2003; 64:453-457.
88. Kodama D, Saito M, Matsumoto W, Sabouri AH, Izumo S, Arimura K,
et al. Longer dinucleotide repeat polymorphism in matrix me
talloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) gene promoter which correlates with higher HTLV-I Tax mediated transcriptional activity influences the risk of HTLV-I associated myelopathy/tropical spastic paraparesis (HAM/TSP). J Neuroimmunol 2004; 156:188-194.
89. Sabouri AH, Saito M, Lloyd AL, Vine AM, Witkover AW, Furukawa Y,
. Polymorphism in the interleukin-10 promoter affects both provirus load and the risk of human T lymphotropic virus type I-associated myelopathy/tropical spastic paraparesis. J Infect Dis 2004; 190:1279-1285.
90. Saito M, Usuku K, Nobuhara Y, Matsumoto W, Kodama D, Sabouri AH,
. Serum concentration and genetic polymorphism in the 5’-untraslated region of VEGF is not associated with susceptibility to HTLV-I associated myelopathy/tropical spastic paraparesis (HAM/TSP) in HTLV-I infected individuals. J Neurol Sci 2004; 219:157-1561.
91. Iwanaga M, Watanabe T, Utsunomiya A, Okayama A, Uchimaru K, Koh KR,
. Human T-cell leukemia virus type I (HTLV-I) proviral load and disease progression in asymptomatic HTLV-I carriers: a nationwide prospective study in Japan. Blood 2010; 116:1211-1219.
92. Gao L, Deng H, Zhao H, Hirbe A, Harding J, Ratner L,
. HTLV-I Tax transgenic mice develop spontaneous osteolytic bone metastases prevented by osteoclast inhibition. Blood 2005; 106:4294- 4302.
93. Zhao TM, Hague B, Caudell DL, Simpson RM, Kindt TJ. Quantification of HTLV-I proviral load in experimentally infected rabbits. Retrovirology 2005; 2:34.
94. Giam CZ, Jeang KT. HTLV-I Tax and adult T-cell leukemia. Front Biosci 2007; 12:1496-14507.
95. Merling R, Chen C, Hong S, Zhang L, Liu M, Kuo YL,
. HTLV-I Tax mutants that do not induce G1 arrest are disabled in activating the anaphase promoting complex. Retrovirology 2007; 4:35.
96. Zehender G, Ebranati E, Bernini F, De Maddalena C, Giambelli C, Collins J,
. Phylogeny of human T cell lymphotropic virus type 1 in Peru: a high degree of evolutionary relatedness with South African isolates. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 2007; 23:1146- 1149.
97. Armstrong AP, Franklin AA, Uittenbogaard MN, Giebler HA, Nyborg JK. Pleiotropic effect of the human T-cell leukemia virus Tax protein on the DNA binding activity of eukaryotic transcription factors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1993; 90:7303-7307.
98. Wagner S, Green MR. HTLV-I Tax protein stimulation of DNA binding of bZIP proteins by enhancing dimerization. Science 1993; 262:395-399.
99. Beck A, Lima MC, Castro MC, Drummond DX, Oliveira ML, Oelemann W,
. Performance of HTLV-I screening assays in Brazil. Zentralbl Bakteriol. 1996 ; 283:340-346.
100. Ge T, Wang G, Zhao B. [HTLV-I associated myelopathy]. Zhonghua Shen Jing Jing Shen Ke Za Zhi 1992; 25:182-184.
101. Fujisawa J, Hirai H, Suzuki T, Yoshida M. [Mechanism of transcriptional activation by HTLV-I Tax]. Hum Cell 1993; 6:266-272.
102. Adya N, Zhao LJ, Huang W, Boros I, Giam CZ. Expansion of CREB’s DNA recognition specificity by Tax results from interaction with Ala-Ala-Arg at positions 282-284 near the conserved DNA-binding domain of CREB. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1994; 91:5642-5646.
103. [HTLV-I AND HTLV-II in Spain]. An Med Interna 1995; 12:299-306.
104. Baranger AM, Palmer CR, Hamm MK, Giebler HA, Brauweiler A, Nyborg JK,
. Mechanism of DNA-binding enhancement by the human T-cell leukaemia virus transactivator Tax. Nature 1995; 376:606-608.
105. Kimzey AL, Dynan WS. Identification of a human T-cell leukemia virus type I tax peptide in contact with DNA. J Biol Chem 1999; 274:34226-34232.
106. Lenzmeier BA, Giebler HA, Nyborg JK. Human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 Tax requires direct access to DNA for recruitment of CREB binding protein to the viral promoter. Mol Cell Biol 1998; 18:721-731.
107. Bex F, Gaynor RB. Regulation of gene expression by HTLV-I Tax protein. Methods. 1998; 16:83-94.
108. Hayden MS, Ghosh S. Signaling to NF-kappaB. Genes Dev 2004; 18:2195-2224.
109. Cartier L, Araya F, Castillo JL, Zaninovic V, Hayami M, Miura T,
. Southernmost carriers of HTLV-I/II in the world. Jpn J Cancer Res 1993; 84:1-3.
110. Chu ZL, DiDonato JA, Hawiger J, Ballard DW. The tax oncoprotein of human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 associates with and persistently activates IkappaB kinases containing IKKalpha and IKKbeta. J Biol Chem 1998; 273:15891-1584.
111. Harhaj EW, Good L, Xiao G, Sun SC. Gene expression profiles in HTLV-I-immortalized T cells: deregulated expression of genes involved in apoptosis regulation. Oncogene 1999; 18:1341-1349.
112. Harhaj EW, Good L, Xiao G, Uhlik M, Cvijic ME, Rivera-Walsh I,
. Somatic mutagenesis studies of NF-kappa B signaling in human T cells: evidence for an essential role of IKK gamma in NF-kappa B activation by T-cell costimulatory signals and HTLV-I Tax protein. Oncogene 2000; 19:1448-1456.
113. Fassati A, Bardoni A, Sironi M, Wells DJ, Bresolin N, Scarlato G,
. Insertion of two independent enhancers in the long terminal repeat of a self-inactivating vector results in high-titer retroviral vectors with tissue-specific expression. Hum Gene Ther 1998; 9:2459-2468.
114. Akiyama N, Ohtake H, Ohwada A, Kajiwara K, Hayama M, Kohri M,
. [Successful radiotherapy for the thoracic cord infiltration of adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma]. Rinsho Ketsueki 2003; 44:1095-10100.
115. Abbaszadegan MR, Gholamin M, Tabatabaee A, Farid R, Houshmand M, Abbaszadegan M. Prevalence of human T-lymphotropic virus type 1 among blood donors from Mashhad, Iran. J Clin Microbiol 2003; 41:2593-2595.
116. Senftleben U, Cao Y, Xiao G, Greten FR, Krahn G, Bonizzi G,
. Activation by IKKalpha of a second, evolutionary conserved, NF-kappa B signaling pathway. Science 2001 ; 293:1495-1499.
117. Uhlik M, Good L, Xiao G, Harhaj EW, Zandi E, Karin M,
. NF-kappaB-inducing kinase and IkappaB kinase participate in human T-cell leukemia virus I Tax-mediated NF-kappaB activation. J Biol Chem 199; 273:21132-21136.
118. Geleziunas R, Ferrell S, Lin X, Mu Y, Cunningham ET, Jr., Grant M,
. Human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 Tax induction of NF-kappaB involves activation of the IkappaB kinase alpha (IKKalpha) and IKKbeta cellular kinases. Mol Cell Biol 1998; 18:5157-5165.
119. Doi K, Wu X, Taniguchi Y, Yasunaga J, Satou Y, Okayama A,
. Preferential selection of human T-cell leukemia virus type I provirus integration sites in leukemic versus carrier states. Blood 2005; 106:1048-1053.
120. Osato M, Yamaguchi K, Tamiya S, Yamasaki H, Okubo T, Suzushima H,
. A human T-cell lymphotropic virus type-I carrier with chronic renal failure, aplastic anemia, myelopathy, uveitis, Sjogren’s syndrome and panniculitis. Intern Med 1996; 35:742-745.
121. Hayase H, Ishizu A, Ikeda H, Miyatake Y, Baba T, Higuchi M,
. Aberrant gene expression by CD25+CD4+ immunoregulatory T cells in autoimmune-prone rats carrying the human T cell leukemia virus type-I gene. Int Immunol 2005; 17:677-684.
122. Horie R, Watanabe T, Morishita Y, Ito K, Ishida T, Kanegae Y,
. Ligand-independent signaling by overexpressed CD30 drives NF-kappaB activation in Hodgkin-Reed-Sternberg cells. Oncogene 2002; 21:2493-24503.
123. de La Fuente C, Deng L, Santiago F, Arce L, Wang L, Kashanchi F. Gene expression array of HTLV type 1-infected T cells: Up-regulation of transcription factors and cell cycle genes. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 2000; 16:1695-1700.
124. Abrieu A, Magnaghi-Jaulin L, Kahana JA, Peter M, Castro A, Vigneron S,
. Mps1 is a kinetochore-associated kinase essential for the vertebrate mitotic checkpoint. Cell 2001; 106:83-93.
125. Kuroda Y, Matsui M, Yukitake M, Kurohara K, Takashima H, Takashima Y,
. Assessment of MRI criteria for MS in Japanese MS and HAM/TSP. Neurology 1995; 45:30-33.
126. Imaizumi M, Tatewaki SY, Kimoto K, Takaki Y, Nakatsuka K, Furushima M,
. Disappearance of puncta after uveitis in an eye with fundus albipunctatus. Retina 2005; 25:1096-1098.
127. Higuchi M, Tsubata C, Kondo R, Yoshida S, Takahashi M, Oie M,
et al. Cooperation of NF-kappaB2/p100 activation and the PDZ do
main binding motif signal in human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 (HTLV-I) Tax1 but not HTLV-II Tax2 is crucial for interleukin-2-independent growth transformation of a T-cell line. J Virol 2007; 81:11900-1197.
128. Merino F, Robert-Guroff M, Clark J, Biondo-Bracho M, Blattner WA, Gallo RC. Natural antibodies to human T-cell leukemia/lymphoma virus in healthy Venezuelan populations. Int J Cancer 198; 34:501-506.
129. Michael B, Nair AM, Datta A, Hiraragi H, Ratner L, Lairmore MD. Histone acetyltransferase (HAT) activity of p300 modulates human T lymphotropic virus type 1 p30II-mediated repression of LTR transcriptional activity. Virology 2006; 354:225-239.
130. Michael B, Nair AM, Hiraragi H, Shen L, Feuer G, Boris-Lawrie K,
. Human T lymphotropic virus type-1 p30II alters cellular gene expression to selectively enhance signaling pathways that activate T lymphocytes. Retrovirology 2004; 1:39.
131. Maruyama K, Fukushima T, Mochizuki S, Kawamura K, Miyauchi M. Human T-cell leukemia virus type I as agent inducing genetic changes in infected human lymphocytes. Leukemia 1992; 6:60S- 63S.
132. Leclercq I, Mortreux F, Rabaaoui S, Jonsson CB, Wattel E. Naturally occurring substitutions of the human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 3’ LTR influence strand-transfer reaction. J Virol Methods 2003; 109:105-117.
133. Mortreux F, Kazanji M, Gabet AS, de Thoisy B, Wattel E. Two-step nature of human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 replication in experimentally infected squirrel monkeys (Saimiri sciureus). J Virol 2001; 75:1083-1089.
134. Murphy EL, Hanchard B, Figueroa JP, Gibbs WN, Lofters WS, Campbell M,
. Modelling the risk of adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma in persons infected with human T-lymphotropic virus type I. Int J Cancer 1989; 43:250-253.
135. Yamaguchi K KT, Futami G, Ishii T, Takatsuki K. . Pathogenesis of adult T-cell leukemia from clinical pathologic features. Hum Retrovirol 1990; 163-71.
136. SHino. ATL development after adult infection of HTLV-I? . J Cancer Res 1989; 80.
137. Kinoshita K AT, Ikeda S. Preleukemic state of adult T cell leukemia: abnormal T lymphocytosis induced by human adult T cell leukemia-lymphoma virus. Blood 1985; 66:120-127.
138. Rhew DC GC, Daar ES, Zakowski PC, Said J. Infections in patients with chronic adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma: case report and review. Clin Infect Dis 1995; 21:1014-1016.
139. Kchour G, Tarhini M, Kooshyar MM, El Hajj H, Wattel E, Mahmoudi M, Rezaee SA,
. Phase 2 study of the efficacy and safety of the combination of arsenic trioxide, interferon alpha, and zidovudine in newly diagnosed chronic adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma (ATL). Blood 2009; 113:6528-6532.
140. Jeang KT. Functional activities of the human T-cell leukemia virus type I Tax oncoprotein: cellular signaling through NF-kappa B. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 2001; 12:207-217.
141. Younis I, Green PL. The human T-cell leukemia virus Rex protein. Front Biosci 2005; 10:431-445.
142. Yoshida M. Multiple viral strategies of HTLV-I for dysregulation of cell growth control. Annu Rev Immunol 2001; 19:475-496.
143. Tanaka M, Yano T, Ichikawa Y, Kaji M. [A case of subacute necrotizing lymphadenitis with localized interstitial pneumonia]. Nihon Kyobu Shikkan Gakkai Zasshi 1990; 28:1234-1238.
144. Smith MR, Greene WC. Type I human T cell leukemia virus tax protein transforms rat fibroblasts through the cyclic adenosine monophosphate response element binding protein/activating transcription factor pathway. J Clin Invest 1991; 88:1038-1042.
145. Yamaoka S, Tobe T, Hatanaka M. Tax protein of human T-cell leukemia virus type I is required for maintenance of the transformed phenotype. Oncogene. 1992 Mar;7(3):433-7.
146. Takeda S, Maeda M, Morikawa S, Taniguchi Y, Yasunaga J, Nosaka K,
. Genetic and epigenetic inactivation of tax gene in adult T-cell leukemia cells. Int J Cancer 2004; 109:559-567.
147. Tamiya S, Matsuoka M, Etoh K, Watanabe T, Kamihira S, Yamaguchi K,
. Two types of defective human T-lymphotropic virus type I provirus in adult T-cell leukemia. Blood 1996; 88:3065-3073.
148. Koiwa T H-UA, Ishida T, Okayama A, Yamaguchi K, Kamihira S, Watanabe T. 5’-long terminal repeat-selective CpG methylation of latent human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 provirus in vitro and in vivo. . J Virol 2002; 76:9389-9397.
149. Seiki M, Eddy R, Shows TB, Yoshida M. Nonspecific integration of the HTLV provirus genome into adult T-cell leukaemia cells. Nature 1984; 309:640-642.
150. Lemoine FJ, Marriott SJ. Accelerated G(1) phase progression induced by the human T cell leukemia virus type I (HTLV-I) Tax oncoprotein. J Biol Chem 2001; 276:31851-3187.
151. Cereseto A, Washington Parks R, Rivadeneira E, Franchini G. Limiting amounts of p27Kip1 correlates with constitutive activation of cyclin E-CDK2 complex in HTLV-I-transformed T-cells. Oncogene 1999; 18:2441-2450.
152. Yamada YHY, Murata K, Sugawara K, Ikeda S, Mine M, Maeda T,
. Deletions of p15 and/or p16 genes as a poor-prognosis factor in adult T-cell leukemia. J Clin Oncol 1997; 15:1778-1785.
153. Sasaki H NI, Shiraga T, Akamatsu E, Fukami T, Hidaka T, Kubuki Y,
. Okayama A, Hamada K, Okabe H, Murakami Y, Tsubouchi H, Morishita K. Overexpression of a cell adhesion molecule, TSLC1, as a possible molecular marker for acute-type adult T-cell leukemia.. Blood 2005; 105:1204-1213.
154. Kuramochi M, Fukuhara H, Nobukuni T, Kanbe T, Maruyama T, Ghosh HP,
. TSLC1 is a tumor-suppressor gene in human non-small-cell lung cancer. Nat Genet 2001; 27:427-430.
155. Toyota M, Ho C, Ahuja N, Jair KW, Li Q, Ohe-Toyota M,
. Identification of differentially methylated sequences in colorectal cancer by methylated CpG island amplification. Cancer Res 1999; 59:2307-2312.
156. Yasunaga J, Taniguchi Y, Nosaka K, Yoshida M, Satou Y, Sakai T,
. Identification of aberrantly methylated genes in association with adult T-cell leukemia. Cancer Res 2004; 64:6002-6009.
157. Mittelstadt PR, Ashwell JD. Cyclosporin A-sensitive transcription factor Egr-3 regulates Fas ligand expression. Mol Cell Biol 1998; 18:3744-3751.
158. Krueger A, Fas SC, Baumann S, Krammer PH. The role of CD95 in the regulation of peripheral T-cell apoptosis. Immunol Rev 2003; 193:58-69.
159. Waldele K, Schneider G, Ruckes T, Grassmann R. Interleukin-13 overexpression by tax transactivation: a potential autocrine stimulus in human T-cell leukemia virus-infected lymphocytes. J Virol 2004; 78:6081-6090.
160. Marriott SJ, Lemoine FJ, Jeang KT. Damaged DNA and miscounted chromosomes: human T cell leukemia virus type I tax oncoprotein and genetic lesions in transformed cells. J Biomed Sci 2002; 9:292-298.
161. Schmitt I, Rosin O, Rohwer P, Gossen M, Grassmann R. Stimulation of cyclin-dependent kinase activity and G1- to S-phase transition in human lymphocytes by the human T-cell leukemia/lymphotropic virus type 1 Tax protein. J Virol 1998; 72:633-640.
162. Liang MH, Geisbert T, Yao Y, Hinrichs SH, Giam CZ. Human T-lymphotropic virus type 1 oncoprotein tax promotes S-phase entry but blocks mitosis. J Virol 2002; 76:4022-4033.
163. Neuveut C, Jeang KT. Cell cycle dysregulation by HTLV-I: role of the tax oncoprotein. Front Biosci 2002; 7:d157-63.
164. Iwanaga R, Ohtani K, Hayashi T, Nakamura M. Molecular mechanism of cell cycle progression induced by the oncogene product Tax of human T-cell leukemia virus type I. Oncogene 2001; 20:2055-2067.
165. Kehn K, Fuente Cde L, Strouss K, Berro R, Jiang H, Brady J,
. The HTLV-I Tax oncoprotein targets the retinoblastoma protein for proteasomal degradation. Oncogene 2005; 24:525-540.
166. Ohtani K IR, Arai M, Huang Y, Matsumura Y, Nakamura M. Cell type-specific E2F activation and cell cycle progression induced by the oncogene product Tax of human T-cell leukemia virus type I. Biol Chem 2000; 275:11154-1163.
167. Lemasson I TS, Sardet C, Devaux C, Mesnard JM. Activation of E2F-mediated transcription by human T-cell leukemia virus type I Tax protein in a p16(INK4A)-negative T-cell line. Biol Chem 1998;
168. Kitajima M, Korogi Y, Shigematsu Y, Liang L, Matsuoka M, Yamamoto T,
. Central nervous system lesions in adult T-cell leukaemia: MRI and pathology. Neuroradiology 2002 ;44:559-567.
169. Ohtani K, Iwanaga R, Arai M, Huang Y, Matsumura Y, Nakamura M. Cell type-specific E2F activation and cell cycle progression induced by the oncogene product Tax of human T-cell leukemia virus type I. J Biol Chem 2000; 275:11154-11163.
170. Martino A, Holmes JHt, Lord JD, Moon JJ, Nelson BH. Stat5 and Sp1 regulate transcription of the cyclin D2 gene in response to IL-2. J Immunol 2001; 166:1723-1729.
171. Fung MM, Chu YL, Fink JL, Wallace A, McGuire KL. IL-2- and STAT5- regulated cytokine gene expression in cells expressing the Tax protein of HTLV-I. Oncogene 2005; 24:4624-4633.
172. Santiago F, Clark E, Chong S, Molina C, Mozafari F, Mahieux R,
. Transcriptional up-regulation of the cyclin D2 gene and acquisition of new cyclin-dependent kinase partners in human T-cell leukemia virus type 1-infected cells. J Virol 1999c;73:9917-9927.
173. Huang H H-LJ, Chen H, Ben-Sasson SZ, Paul WE. IL-4 and IL-13 production in differentiated T helper type 2 cells is not IL-4 dependent. Immunology 1997; 159:3731-3738.
174. Van PL YK, Jin DY, Dapolito G, Kurimasa A, Jeang KT. Genetic evidence of a role for ATM in functional interaction between human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 Tax and p53.
. Virology 2001;75:396-407.
175. Haller K, Wu Y, Derow E, Schmitt I, Jeang KT, Grassmann R. Physical interaction of human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 Tax with cyclin-dependent kinase 4 stimulates the phosphorylation of retinoblastoma protein. Mol Cell Biol 2002; 22:3327-3338.
176. Kehn K, Deng L, de la Fuente C, Strouss K, Wu K, Maddukuri A,
. The role of cyclin D2 and p21/waf1 in human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 infected cells. Retrovirology 2004;1:6.
177. Akagi T OH, Shimotohno K. Expression of cell-cycle regulatory genes in HTLV-I infected T-cell lines: possible involvement of Tax1 in the altered expression of cyclin D2, p18Ink4 and p21Waf1/Cip1/ Sdi1. Oncogene 1996; 12:1645-1652.
178. Cereseto A, Diella F, Mulloy JC, Cara A, Michieli P, Grassmann R,
. p53 functional impairment and high p21waf1/cip1 expression in human T-cell lymphotropic/leukemia virus type I-transformed T cells. Blood 1996; 88:1551-1560.
179. Akagi T OH, Tsuchida N, Shimotohno K. Aberrant expression and function of p53 in T-cells immortalized by HTLV-I Tax1. FEBS Lett 1997; 406:263-266.
180. Uittenbogaard MN, Giebler HA, Reisman D, Nyborg JK. Transcriptional repression of p53 by human T-cell leukemia virus type I Tax protein. J Biol Chem 1995; 270:28503-28506.
181.Pise-Masison CA, Radonovich M, Sakaguchi K, Appella E, Brady JN. Phosphorylation of p53: a novel pathway for p53 inactivation in human T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1-transformed cells. J Virol 1998; 72:6348-6355.
182. Hollsberg P. Mechanisms of T-cell activation by human T-cell lymphotropic virus type I. Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 1999; 63:308-333.
183. Yssel H, de Waal Malefyt R, Duc Dodon MD, Blanchard D, Gazzolo L, de Vries JE,
. Human T cell leukemia/lymphoma virus type I infection of a CD4+ proliferative/cytotoxic T cell clone progresses in at least two distinct phases based on changes in function and phenotype of the infected cells. J Immunol 1989; 142:2279-2289.
184. Cross SL FM, Wolf JB, Holbrook NJ, Wong-Staal F, Leonard WJ. Regulation of the human interleukin-2 receptor alpha chain promoter: activation of a nonfunctional promoter by the transactivator gene of HTLV-I. Cell 1987; 49:47-56.
185. Maruyama M, Shibuya H, Harada H, Hatakeyama M, Seiki M, Fujita T,
. Evidence for aberrant activation of the interleukin-2 autocrine loop by HTLV-I-encoded p40x and T3/Ti complex triggering. Cell 1987; 48:343-350.
186. Ruben S, Poteat H, Tan TH, Kawakami K, Roeder R, Haseltine W,
. Cellular transcription factors and regulation of IL-2 receptor gene expression by HTLV-I tax gene product. Science 1988; 241:89-92.
187. Migone N, Padovan S, Zappador C, Giachino C, Bottaro M, Matullo G,
. Restriction of the T-cell receptor V delta gene repertoire is due to preferential rearrangement and is independent of antigen selection. Immunogenetics 1995; 42:323-332.
188. Xu X, Chong AS. Cross-linking of CD45 on NK cells stimulates p56lck-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation and IFN-gamma production. J Immunol 1995; 155:5241-5248.
189. Niitsu Y, Urushizaki Y, Koshida Y, Terui K, Mahara K, Kohgo Y,
. Expression of TGF-beta gene in adult T cell leukemia. Blood 1988; 71:263-266.
190. Kim SJ, Kehrl JH, Burton J, Tendler CL, Jeang KT, Danielpour D,
. Transactivation of the transforming growth factor beta 1 (TGF-beta 1) gene by human T lymphotropic virus type 1 tax: a potential mechanism for the increased production of TGF-beta 1 in adult T cell leukemia. J Exp Med 1990; 172:121-129.
191. Hollsberg P, Ausubel LJ, Hafler DA. Human T cell lymphotropic virus type I-induced T cell activation. Resistance to TGF-beta 1-induced suppression. J Immunol 1994; 153:566-753.
192. Mesnard JM, Devaux C. Multiple control levels of cell proliferation by human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 Tax protein. Virology 1999; 257:277-284.
193. Neuveut C, Jeang KT. HTLV-I Tax and cell cycle progression. Prog Cell Cycle Res 2000; 4:157-162.
194. Hatta Y, Koeffler HP. Role of tumor suppressor genes in the development of adult T cell leukemia/lymphoma (ATLL). Leukemia 2002; 16:1069-1085.
195. Cahill DP, Lengauer C, Yu J, Riggins GJ, Willson JK, Markowitz SD,
. Mutations of mitotic checkpoint genes in human cancers. Nature 1998; 392:300-303.
196. Tighe A, Johnson VL, Albertella M, Taylor SS. Aneuploid colon cancer cells have a robust spindle checkpoint. EMBO Rep 2001; 2:609-614.
197. Baldwin RL, Friess H, Yokoyama M, Lopez ME, Kobrin MS, Buchler MW,
. Attenuated ALK5 receptor expression in human pancreatic cancer: correlation with resistance to growth inhibition. Int J Cancer 1996; 67:283-288.
198. Mercurio F, DiDonato JA, Rosette C, Karin M. p105 and p98 precursor proteins play an active role in NF-kappa B-mediated signal transduction. Genes Dev 1993; 7:705-718.
199. Pomerantz JL, Baltimore D. Two pathways to NF-kappaB. Mol Cell 2002; 10:693-695.
200. Jang IK, Gu H. Negative regulation of TCR signaling and T-cell activation by selective protein degradation. Curr Opin Immunol 2003; 15:315-320.
201. Brown K, Park S, Kanno T, Franzoso G, Siebenlist U. Mutual regulation of the transcriptional activator NF-kappa B and its inhibitor, I kappa B-alpha. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1993; 90:2532-2536.
202. Sun L, Ganea D. Vasoactive intestinal peptide inhibits interleukin (IL)-2 and IL-4 production through different molecular mechanisms in T cells activated via the T cell receptor/CD3 complex. J Neuroimmunol 1993; 48:59-69.
203. Ballard DW, Bohnlein E, Lowenthal JW, Wano Y, Franza BR, Greene WC. HTLV-I tax induces cellular proteins that activate the kappa B element in the IL-2 receptor alpha gene. Science 1988; 241:1652-1655.
204. Leung K, Nabel GJ. HTLV-I transactivator induces interleukin-2 receptor expression through an NF-kappa B-like factor. Nature 1988; 333:776-778.
205. Arima N, Molitor JA, Smith MR, Kim JH, Daitoku Y, Greene WC. Human T-cell leukemia virus type I Tax induces expression of the Rel-related family of kappa B enhancer-binding proteins: evidence for a pretranslational component of regulation. J Virol 1991; 65:6892-6899.
206. Koga Y, Oh-Hori N, Sato H, Yamamoto N, Kimura G, Nomoto K. Absence of transcription of lck (lymphocyte specific protein tyrosine kinase) message in IL-2-independent, HTLV-I-transformed T cell lines. J Immunol 1989; 142:4493-4499.
207. Weil R, Levraud JP, Dodon MD, Bessia C, Hazan U, Kourilsky P,
. Altered expression of tyrosine kinases of the Src and Syk families in human T-cell leukemia virus type 1-infected T-cell lines. J Virol 1999; 73:3709-3717.
208. Lanoix J, Lacoste J, Pepin N, Rice N, Hiscott J. Overproduction of NFKB2 (lyt-10) and c-Rel: a mechanism for HTLV-I Tax-mediated trans-activation via the NF-kappa B signalling pathway. Onco
gene 1994; 9:841-852.
209. Xiao G, Cvijic ME, Fong A, Harhaj EW, Uhlik MT, Waterfield M,
. Retroviral oncoprotein Tax induces processing of NF-kappaB2/ p100 in T cells: evidence for the involvement of IKKalpha. EMBO J 2001; 20:6805-6815.
210. Hironaka N, Mochida K, Mori N, Maeda M, Yamamoto N, Yamaoka S. Tax-independent constitutive IkappaB kinase activation in adult T-cell leukemia cells. Neoplasia 2004; 6:266-278.
211. Murakami T, Hirai H, Suzuki T, Fujisawa J, Yoshida M. HTLV-I Tax enhances NF-kappa B2 expression and binds to the products p52 and p100, but does not suppress the inhibitory function of p100. Virology 1995; 206:1066-1074.
212. Suzuki T, Hirai H, Murakami T, Yoshida M. Tax protein of HTLV-I destabilizes the complexes of NF-kappa B and I kappa B-alpha and induces nuclear translocation of NF-kappa B for transcriptional activation. Oncogene 1995; 10:1199-1207.
213. Kanno T, Brown K, Franzoso G, Siebenlist U. Kinetic analysis of human T-cell leukemia virus type I Tax-mediated activation of NF-kappa B. Mol Cell Biol 1994; 14:6443-6451.
214. McKinsey TA, Brockman JA, Scherer DC, Al-Murrani SW, Green PL, Ballard DW. Inactivation of IkappaBbeta by the tax protein of human T-cell leukemia virus type 1: a potential mechanism for constitutive induction of NF-kappaB. Mol Cell Biol 1996; 16:2083- 92080.
215. Brockman JA, Scherer DC, McKinsey TA, Hall SM, Qi X, Lee WY,
. Coupling of a signal response domain in I kappa B alpha to multiple pathways for NF-kappa B activation. Mol Cell Biol 1995; 15:2809-2818.
216. Traenckner EB, Pahl HL, Henkel T, Schmidt KN, Wilk S, Baeuerle PA. Phosphorylation of human I kappa B-alpha on serines 32 and 36 controls I kappa B-alpha proteolysis and NF-kappa B activation in response to diverse stimuli. EMBO J 1995; 14:2876-2883.
217. Yamaoka S, Courtois G, Bessia C, Whiteside ST, Weil R, Agou F,
. Complementation cloning of NEMO, a component of the IkappaB kinase complex essential for NF-kappaB activation. Cell 1998; 93:1231-1240.
218. O’Mahony AM, Montano M, Van Beneden K, Chen LF, Greene WC. Human T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1 tax induction of biologically Active NF-kappaB requires IkappaB kinase-1-mediated phosphorylation of RelA/p65. J Biol Chem 2004; 279:18137-1845.
219. Iwanaga Y, Tsukahara T, Ohashi T, Tanaka Y, Arai M, Nakamura M,
. Human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 tax protein abrogates interleukin-2 dependence in a mouse T-cell line. J Virol 1999; 73:1271-1277.
220. Kinoshita T, Shimoyama M, Tobinai K, Ito M, Ito S, Ikeda S,
. Detection of mRNA for the tax1/rex1 gene of human T-cell leukemia virus type I in fresh peripheral blood mononuclear cells of adult T-cell leukemia patients and viral carriers by using the polymerase chain reaction. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1989; 86:5620-5624.
221. Furukawa Y, Okadome T, Tara M, Niina K, Izumo S, Osame M. Human T-cell lymphotropic virus type-I (HTLV-I)-associated myelopathy/tropical spastic paraparesis with acute type of adult T-cell leukemia. Intern Med 1995; 34:1130-1133.
222. Furukawa Y, Kubota R, Tara M, Izumo S, Osame M. Existence of escape mutant in HTLV-I tax during the development of adult T-cell leukemia. Blood 2001; 97:987-993.
223. Akagi T, Ono H, Sasaki T, Shimotohno K. Increased protein tyrosine-phosphorylation in primary T-cells transduced with Tax1 of human T-cell leukemia virus type I. FEBS Lett 1995 Jan; 358:34-38.
224. Evangelista A, Maroushek S, Minnigan H, Larson A, Retzel E, Haase A,
. Nucleotide sequence analysis of a provirus derived from an individual with tropical spastic paraparesis. Microb Pathog 1990; 8:259-278.
225. Akari H, Kannagi M, Shinjo T, Harada S. Simple assay system for detecting human T cell leukemia virus type I-binding cells and its application in titrating binding inhibitory antibodies. Lab Invest 1993; 69:629-634.
226. Kchour G, Makhoul NJ, Mahmoudi M, Kooshyar MM, Shirdel A,
. Zidovudine and interferon-alpha treatment induces a high response rate and reduces HTLV-I proviral load and VEGF plasma levels in patients with adult T-cell leukemia from North East Iran. Leuk Lymphoma 2007; 48:330-336.
227. Rafatpanah H, Rezaee A, Etemadi MM, Hosseini RF, Khorram B, Afsahr L,
. The impact of interferon-alpha treatment on clinical and immunovirological aspects of HTLV-I-associated myelopathy in northeast of Iran. J Neuroimmunol 2012; 250:87-93.