1. Chabner BA, Devita VT. Anticancer drugs in cancer. Hellman S, Rosenberg SA. editors. Principles and Practice of Oncology. 4th ed. 1995.p. 325-417.
2. Kapoor G, Sinha R, Abedin S. Experience with high dose methotrexate therapy in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia in a tertiary care cancer centre of a developing country. Pediatr Blood Cancer 2012; 59:448-453.
3. Xian CJ, Corper R, Howarth GS, Read LC, Kallincos NC. Incread expression of HGF and c-met in rat small intestinal during recovery from methotrexate-induced mucositis. Br J Cancer 2000; 82:945-952.
4. Howarth GS, Cool TC, Bourne AJ, Ballard FJ, Read LC. Insuline-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) stimulates regrowth of the damaged intestine in rats, when administered following, but not concurrent with methotrexate. Growth Factors 1998; 15:279-292.
5. Xian CJ, Howarth GS, Mardell CE, Cool JC, Familari M, Read LC, et al. Temporal changes in TFF3 expression and jejunal morphology during methotrexate-induced damage and repair. Am J Physiol 1999; 277:G785-795.
6. Zheng C, Cotrim AP, Sunshine AN, Sugito T, Liu L, Sowers A, et al. Prevention of radiation-induced oral mucositis after adenoviral vector-mediated transfer of the keratinocyte growth factor cDNA to mouse submandibular glands. Clin Cancer Res 2009; 15:4641-4648.
7. Ceccarelli S, Romano F, Angeloni A, Marchese C. Potential dual role of KGF/KGFR as a target option in novel therapeutic strategies for the treatment of cancers and mucosal damages. Export Opin Ther Targets 2012; 16:377-393.
8. Ben-Lulu S, Pollak Y, Mogilner J, Bejar J, G Coran A, Sukhotnik I. Dietary transforming growth factor-beta 2 (TGF-β2) supplementation reduces methotrexate-induced intestinal mucosal injury in a rat. PLoS One 2012; 7:e45221.
9. Raber-Durlacher JE, von Bültzingslöwen I, Logan RM, Bowen J, Al-Azri AR, Everaus H, et al. Systematic review of cytokines and growth factors for the management of oral mucositis in cancer patients. Suport Care Cancer 2013; 21:343-355.
10. Worthington HV, Clarkson JE, Bryan G, Furness S, Glenny AM, Littlewood A, et al. Interventions for preventing oral mucositis for patients with cancer receiving treatment. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2011; CD000978.
11. Sukhotnik I, Pollak Y, Coran AG, Pilatov J, Bejar J, Mogilner JG, et al. Glutamine attenuates the inhibitory effect of methotrexate on TLR signaling during intestinal chemotherapy-induced mucositis in a rat. Nutr Metab (Lond) 2014; 11:17.
12. Sukhotnik I, Mogilner JG, Karry R, Shamian B, Lurie M, Kokhanovsky N, et al. Effect of oral glutamine on enterocyte turnover during methotrexate-induced mucositis in rats. Digestion 2009; 79:5-13.
13. Gu J, Zhu S, Li X, Wu H, Li Y, Hua F. Effect of amifostine in head and neck cancer patients treated with radiotherapy: a systematic review and meta-analysis based on randomized controlled trials. PLoS One 2014; 9:e95968.
14. Chen C, Tian L, Zhang M, Sun Q, Zhang X, Li X, et al. Protective effect of amifostine on high-dose methotrexate-induced small intestinal mucositis in mice. Dig Dis Sci 2013; 58:3134-3143.
15. Morón-Medina A, Viera N, de Morales TR, Alcocer S, Bohorquez D. Methotrexate as inducer of proinflammatory cytokines by epithelial cells. Invest Clin 2014; 55:15-22.
16. Gibson RJ, Keefe DM, Thompson FM, Clarke JM, Goland GJ, Cummins AG. Effect of interleukin-11 on ameliorating intestinal damage after methotrexate treament of breast cancer in rats. Dig Dis Sci 2002; 47:2751-2757.
17. Yang L, Hu X, Xu L. Impact of methylenetetra-hydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) polymorphisms on methotrexate-induced toxicities in acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a meta-analysis. Tumour Biol 2012; 33:1445-1454.
18. Du XX, Doerschuk CM, Orazi A, Williams DA. A bone marrow stromal-derived growth factor, interleukin-11, stimulates recovery of small intestinal mucosal cells after cytoablative therapy. Blood 1994; 83:33-37.
19. Wen CY, Ito M, Matsuu M, Fukuda E, Shichijo K, Nakashima M, et al. Mechanism of the antiulcerogenic effect of IL-11 on acetic acid-induced gastric ulcer in rats. Life Sci 2002; 70:2997-3005.
20. Sonis ST, Person RL, Edward LJ, Lucey CA, Wang L, Mason L, et al. Defining mechanisms of action of interleukin-11 on the progression of radiation-induced oral mucositis in hamsters. Oral Oncol 2000; 36:373-381.
21. Chinese Pediatric Society, Chinese Medical Association. Diagnosis and treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia of childhood (The Fourth revised draft). Chin J Pediatr 2014; 52:641-644.
22. Schwertschlag US, Trepicchio WL, Dykstra KH, Keith JC, Turner KJ, Dorner AJ. Hematopoietic, immunomodulatory and epithelial effect of interleukin-11. Leukemia 1999; 13:1307-1315.
23. Peterson RL, Bozza MM, Dorner AJ. Interleukin-11 induces intestinal epithelial cell growth arrest through effects on retinoblastoma protein phosphorylation. Am J Pathol 1996; 149:895-902.