1. Rabinowich L, Shibolet O. Drug Induced Steatohepatitis: An Uncommon Culprit of a Common Disease. Biomed Res Int 2015; 2015:168905.
2. Lin CS, Chang CS, Yang SS, Yeh HZ, Lin CW. Retrospective evaluation of serum markers APRI and AST/ALT for assessing liver fibrosis and cirrhosis in chronic hepatitis B and C patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Intern Med 2008; 47:569-575.
3. Krithika R, Jyothilakshmi V, Prashantha K, Verma RJ. Mechanism of protective effect of phyllanthin against carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatotoxicity and experimental liver fibrosis in mice. Toxicol Mech Methods 2015; 4:1-10.
4. Tong J, Yao X, Zeng H, Zhou G, Chen Y, Ma B, et al. Hepatoprotective activity of flavonoids from Cichorium glandulosum seeds in vitro and in vivo carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatotoxicity. J Ethnopharmacol 2015; 174:355-263.
5. Moghadam AR, Tutunchi S, Namvaran-Abbas-Abad A, Yazdi M, Bonyadi F, Mohajeri D, et al. Pre-administration of turmeric prevents methotrexate-induced liver toxicity and oxidative stress. BMC Complement Altern Med 2015; 15:246.
6. Lv D, Zhu CQ, Liu L. Sesamin ameliorates oxidative liver injury induced by carbon tetrachloride in rat. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 2015; 8:5733-5738.
7. Lakshman MR, Reyes-Gordillo K, Varatharajalu R, Arellanes-Robledo J, Leckey LC, Garige M, et al. Novel modulators of hepatosteatosis, inflammation and fibrogenesis. Hepatol Int 2014; 2:413-420.
8. Jiang X, Guo H, Shen T, Tang X, Yang Y, Ling W. Cyanidin-3-O-β-glucoside purified from black rice protects mice against hepatic fibrosis induced by carbon tetrachloride via inhibiting hepatic stellate cell activation. J Agric Food Chem 2015; 63:6221-6230.
9. Lin JC, Peng YJ, Wang SY, Young TH, Salter DM, Lee HS. Role of the sympathetic nervous system in carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatotoxicity and systemic inflammation. PLoS One 2015; 10:e0121365.
10. Rocha SW, de França ME, Rodrigues GB, Barbosa KP, Nunes AK, Pastor AF, et al. Diethylcarbamazine reduces chronic inflammation and fibrosis in carbon tetrachloride- (CCl₄-) induced liver injury in mice. Mediators Inflamm 2014; 2014:696383.
11. Rezende TP, do A Corrêa JO, Aarestrup BJ, Aarestrup FM, de Sousa OV, da Silva Filho AA. Protective effects of Baccharis dracunculifolia leaves extract against carbon tetrachloride- and acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity in experimental animals. Molecules 2014; 19:9257-9272.
12. Krishnappa P, Venkatarangaiah K, Venkatesh, Shivamogga Rajanna SK, Kashi Prakash Gupta R. Antioxidant and prophylactic effects of Delonix elata L., stem bark extracts, and flavonoid isolated quercetin against carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatotoxicity in rats. Biomed Res Int 2014; 2014:507851.
13. Fu Y, Chen J, Li YJ, Zheng YF, Li P. Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities of six flavonoids separated from licorice. Food Chem 2013; 141:1063-1071.
14. Han J, Wang D, Yu B, Wang Y, Ren H, Zhang B, et al. Cardioprotection against ischemia/reperfusion by LCB in isolated rat hearts. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2014; 2014:134862.
15. Yu H, Zheng L, Yin L, Xu L, Qi Y, Han X, et al. Protective effects of the total saponins from Dioscorea nipponica Makino against carbon tetrachloride-induced liver injury in mice through suppression of apoptosis and inflammation. Int Immunopharmacol 2014; 19:233-244.
16. Girish C, Pradhan SC. Hepatoprotective activities of picroliv, curcumin, and ellagic acid compared to silymarin on carbon-tetrachloride-induced liver toxicity in mice. J Pharmacol Pharmacother 2012; 3:149-155.
17. Cai Z, Lou Q, Wang F, Li E, Sun J, Fang H1, et al. N-acetylcysteine protects against liver injure induced by carbon tetrachloride via activation of the Nrf2/HO-1 pathway. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 2015; 8:8655-8662.
18. Yang H, Sung SH, Kim YC. The ethanolic extract of Juglans sinensis leaves and twigs attenuates CCl4-induced hepatic oxidative stress in rats. Pharmacogn Mag 2015; 11:533-539.
19. Abdel-Moneim AM, Al-Kahtani MA, El-Kersh MA, Al-Omair MA. Free Radical-Scavenging, Anti-Inflammatory/Anti-Fibrotic and Hepatoprotective Actions of Taurine and Silymarin against CCl4 Induced Rat Liver Damage. PLoS One 2015; 10:e0144509.
20. Zhang Y, He Y, Yu H, Ma F, Wu J, Zhang X. Liquiritigenin Protects rats from carbon tetrachloride induced hepatic injury through PGC-1α pathway. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2015; 2015:649568.
21. Chan KW, Ho WS. Anti-oxidative and hepatoprotective effects of lithospermic acid against carbon tetrachloride-induced liver oxidative damage in vitro and in vivo. Oncol Rep 2015; 34:673-680.
22. Sagor AT, Chowdhury MR, Tabassum N, Hossain H, Rahman MM, Alam MA. Supplementation of fresh ucche (Momordica charantia L. var. muricata Willd) prevented oxidative stress, fibrosis and hepatic damage in CCl4 treated rats. BMC Complement Altern Med 2015; 15:115.
23. Chatterjee N, Das S, Bose D, Banerjee S, Jha T, Saha KD. Leishmanial lipid affords protection against oxidative stress induced hepatic injury by regulating inflammatory mediators and confining apoptosis progress. Toxicol Lett 2015; 232:499-512.
24. Lan T, Kisseleva T, Brenner DA. Deficiency of NOX1 or NOX4 prevents liver inflammation and fibrosis in mice through inhibition of hepatic stellate cell activation. PLoS One 2015; 10:e0129743.
25. Wang F, Liu S, DU T, Chen H, Li Z, Yan J. NF-κB inhibition alleviates carbon tetrachloride-induced liver fibrosis via suppression of activated hepatic stellate cells. Exp Ther Med 2014; 8:95-99.
26. Yue S, Hu B, Wang Z, Yue Z, Wang F, Zhao Y, et al. Salvia miltiorrhiza compounds protect the liver from acute injury by regulation of p38 and NFκB signaling in Kupffer cells. Pharm Biol 2014; 52:1278-1285.
27. Ma JQ, Ding J, Zhang L, Liu CM. Ursolic acid protects mouse liver against CCl4-induced oxidative stress and inflammation by the MAPK/NF-κB pathway. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol 2014; 37:975-983.