1. Wispelwey B, Schafer KR. Fluoroquinolones in the management of community-acquired pneumonia in primary care. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 2010; 8:1259-1271.
2. Albertson TE, Dean NS, El Solh AA, Gotfried MH, Kaplan C, Niederman MS. Fluoroquinolones in the management of community‐acquired pneumonia. Int J Clin Pract 2010; 64:378-388.
3. Bearden DT, Danziger LH. Mechanism of action of and resistance to quinolones. Pharmacotherapy 2001; 21:224S-232S.
4. Heaton VJ, Ambler JE, Fisher LM. Potent antipneumococcal activity of gemifloxacin is associated with dual targeting of gyrase and topoisomerase IV, an in vivo target preference for gyrase, and enhanced stabilization of cleavable complexes in vitro. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2000; 44:3112-3117.
5. Yague G, Morris JE, Pan XS, Gould KA, Fisher LM. Cleavable-complex formation by wild-type and quinolone-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae type II topoisomerases mediated by gemifloxacin and other fluoroquinolones. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2002; 46:413-419.
6. Saravolatz LD, Leggett J. Gatifloxacin, gemifloxacin, and moxifloxacin: the role of 3 newer fluoroquino-lones. Clin Infect Dis 2003; 37:1210-1215.
7. Dalhoff A, Shalit I. Immunomodulatory effects of quinolones. Lancet Infect Dis 2003; 3:359-371.
8. Araujo F, Slifer T, Li S, Kuver A, Fong L, Remington J. Gemifloxacin inhibits cytokine secretion by lipopolysaccharide stimulated human monocytes at the post‐transcriptional level. Clin Microbiol Infect 2004; 10:213-219.
9. Dalhoff A. Immunomodulatory activities of fluoroquinolones. Infection 2005; 33:55-70.
10. Sajid MS, Iqbal Z, Muhammad G, Sandhu MA, Khan MN, Saqib M, et al. Effect of ivermectin on the cellular and humoral immune responses of rabbits. Life Sci 2007; 80:1966-1970.
11. Thomas L, Asad M, Hrishikeshavan HJ, Chandrakala GK. Effect of centchroman on cellular and humoral immunity. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 2007; 51:387-394.
12. Fulzele S, Satturwar P, Joshi S, Dorle A. Study of
the immunomodulatory activity of Haridradi ghrita in rats. Indian J Pharmacol 2003; 35:51-54.
13. Cho WCS, Leung KN. In vitro and in vivo immunomodulating and immunorestorative effects of Astragalus membranaceus. J Ethnopharmacol 2007; 113:132-141.
14. Black CAP. Delayed type hypersensitivity: Current theories with a historic perspective. Dermatol Online J 1999; 5:7.
15. Fleming RA. An overview of cyclophosphamide and ifosfamide pharmacology. Pharmacotherapy 1997; 17:146S-154S.
16. Winkelstein A. Mechanisms of immunosuppre-ssion: effects of cyclophosphamide on cellular immunity. Blood 1973; 41:273-284.
17. Shalit I, Kletter Y, Halperin D, Waldman D, Vasserman E, Nagler A, et al. Immunomodulatory effects of moxifloxacin in comparison to ciprofloxacin and G‐CSF in a murine model of cyclophospha mide‐ induced leukopenia†. Eur J Haematol 2001; 66:287-296.
18. Iwasaki A, Medzhitov R. Regulation of adaptive immunity by the innate immune system. Science 2010; 327:291-295.
19. Hoebe K, Janssen E, Beutler B. The interface between innate and adaptive immunity. Nat Immunol 2004; 5:971-974.