1. Saeidzadeh S, Khabbaz M. Cardiovascular risk perception among Iranian Women with type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Crescent J Med Biol Sci 2015; 2:87-89.
2. Abbott RD, Donahue RP, Kannel WB, Wilson PW. The impact of diabetes on survival following myocardial infarction in men vs women: the Framingham Study. JAMA 1988; 260:3456-3460.
3. Donahoe SM, Stewart GC, McCabe CH, Mohanavelu S, Murphy SA, Cannon CP, et al. Diabetes and mortality following acute coronary syndromes. JAMA 2007; 298:765-775.
4. Ferdinandy P, Schulz R, Baxter GF. Interaction of cardiovascular risk factors with myocardial ischemia/ reperfusion injury, preconditioning, and postconditioning. Pharmacol Rev 2007; 59:418-458.
5. Badalzadeh R, Mokhtari B, Yavari R. Contribution of apoptosis in myocardial reperfusion injury and loss of cardioprotection in diabetes mellitus. J Physiol Sci 2015; 65:201-215.
6. Hausenloy DJ, Yellon DM. Myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury: a neglected therapeutic target. J Clin Invest 2013; 123:92-100.
7. Chowdhry MF, Vohra HA, Galiñanes M. Diabetes increases apoptosis and necrosis in both ischemic and nonischemic human myocardium: Role of caspases and poly–adenosine diphosphate–ribose polymerase. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2007; 134:124-131.
8. Krijnen PA, Simsek S, Niessen HW. Apoptosis in diabetes. Apoptosis 2009; 14:1387-1388.
9. Yasin Ahmadi SA, Tavafi M, Ahmadi PS. A critical approach to administration of low-dose aspirin (LDA) to improve implantation success. Int J Women's Health Reprod Sci 2015; 3:223-224.
10. Kim JS, He L, Lemasters JJ. Mitochondrial permeability transition: a common pathway to necrosis and apoptosis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2003; 304:463-470.
11. Halestrap AP, Clarke SJ, Javadov SA. Mitochondrial permeability transition pore opening during myocardial reperfusion—a target for cardioprotection. Cardiovasc Res 2004; 61:372-385.
12. Mokhtari B, Badalzadeh R, Alihemmati A, Mohammadi M. Phosphorylation of GSK-3β and reduction of apoptosis as targets of troxerutin effect on reperfusion injury of diabetic myocardium. Eur J Pharmacol 2015; 765:316-321.
13. Sun D, Huang J, Zhang Z, Gao H, Li J, Shen M, et al. Luteolin limits infarct size and improves cardiac function after myocardium ischemia/reperfusion injury in diabetic rats. PloS One 2012; 7:e33491.
14. Boengler K, Hilfiker-Kleiner D, Heusch G, Schulz R. Inhibition of permeability transition pore opening by mitochondrial STAT3 and its role in myocardial ischemia/reperfusion. Basic Res Cardiol 2010; 105:771-785.
15. Badalzadeh R, Mohammadi M, Najafi M, Ahmadiasl N, Farajnia S, Ebrahimi H. The additive effects of ischemic postconditioning and cyclosporine-A on nitric oxide activity and functions of diabetic myocardium injured by ischemia/reperfusion. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 2012; 17:181-189.
16. Gomez L, Paillard M, Thibault H, Derumeaux G, Ovize M. Inhibition of GSK3β by postconditioning is required to prevent opening of the mitochondrial permeability transition pore during reperfusion. Circulation 2008; 117:2761-2768.
17. Xi J, Wang H, Mueller RA, Norfleet EA, Xu Z. Mechanism for resveratrol-induced cardioprotection against reperfusion injury involves glycogen synthase kinase 3β and mitochondrial permeability transition pore. Eur J Pharmacol 2009; 604:111-116.
18. Wang Y, Zhang Z, Wu Y, Ke J, He X, Wang Y. Quercetin postconditioning attenuates myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury in rats through the PI3K/Akt pathway. Braz J Med Biol Res 2013; 46:861-867.
19. Hausenloy DJ, Yellon DM. Survival kinases in ischemic preconditioning and postconditioning. Cardiovasc Res 2006; 70:240-253.
20. Khosrowbeygi A, Ahmadvand H. Positive correlation between serum levels of adiponectin and homocysteine in pre‐eclampsia. J Obstet Gynaecol Res 2013; 39:641-466.
21. Bagheri S, Ahmadvand H, Khosrowbeygi A, Ghazanfari F, Jafari N, Nazem H, et al. Antioxidant properties and inhibitory effects of Satureja khozestanica essential oil on LDL oxidation induced–CuSO 4 in vitro. Asian Pac J Trop Biomed 2013; 3:22-27.
22. Ranjbar K, Nazem F, Nazari A, Gholami M, Nezami AR, Ardakanizade M, et al. Synergistic effects of nitric oxide and exercise on revascularisation in the infarcted ventricle in a murine model of myocardial infarction. EXCLI J 2015; 14:1104-1115.
23. Tamjidipoor A, Tavafi M, Ahmadvand H. Effect of dimethyl sulfoxide on inhibition of post-ovariectomy osteopenia in rats. Connect Tissue Res 2013; 54:426-431.
24. Tavafi M, Ahmadvand H, Tamjidipour A, Rasolian B. Effect of normobaric hyperoxia on gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2014; 17:287-293.
25. Ahmadvand H, Bagheri S, Tamjidi-Poor A, Cheraghi M, Azadpour M, Ezatpour B, et al. Effects of oleuropein on lipid peroxidation, lipid profile, atherogenic indices, and paraoxonase 1 status in gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats. ARYA Ather 2015; 11: 153-159.
26. Ahmadvand H, Bagheri S, Tamjidi-Poor A, Cheraghi M, Azadpour M, Ezatpour B, et al. Biochemical effects of oleuropein in gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats. ARYA Atheroscler 2016; 12:87-93.
27. Badalzadeh R, Yavari R, Chalabiani D. Mitochondrial ATP-sensitive K+ channels mediate the antioxidative influence of diosgenin on myocardial reperfusion injury in rat hearts. Gen Physiol Biophys 2015; 34:323-329.
28. Ansley DM, Wang B. Oxidative stress and myocardial injury in the diabetic heart. J Pathol 2013; 229:232-241.
29. Ouladsahebmadarek E, Giasi GS, Khaki A, Ahmadi Y, Farzadi L, Ghasemzadeh A, et al. The Effect of Compound Herbal Remedy Used in Male Infertility on Spermatogenesis and Pregnancy Rate. Int J Womens Health Reprod Sci 2016; 4:185-188.
30. Assaly R, De Tassigny AdA, Paradis S, Jacquin S, Berdeaux A, Morin D. Oxidative stress, mitochondrial permeability transition pore opening and cell death during hypoxia–reoxygenation in adult cardiomyocytes. Eur J Pharmacol 2012; 675:6-14.
31. Yin X, Zheng Y, Zhai X, Zhao X, Cai L. Diabetic inhibition of preconditioning-and postconditioning-mediated myocardial protection against ischemia/reperfusion injury. Exp Diabetes Res 2011; 2012:1-9.
32. Przyklenk K, Maynard M, Greiner DL, Whittaker P. Cardioprotection with postconditioning: loss of efficacy in murine models of type-2 and type-1 diabetes. Antioxid Redox Signal 2011; 14:781-790.
33. Ebrahimi H, Badalzadeh R, Mohammadi M, Yousefi B. Diosgenin attenuates inflammatory response induced by myocardial reperfusion injury: role of mitochondrial ATP-sensitive potassium channels. J Physiol Biochem 2014; 70:425-432.
34. Wagner C, Kloeting I, Strasser RH, Weinbrenner C. Cardioprotection by postconditioning is lost in WOKW rats with metabolic syndrome: role of glycogen synthase kinase 3β. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 2008; 52:430-437.
35. Kakkar P, Das B, Viswanathan P. A modified spectro-photometric assay of superoxide dismutase. Indian J Biochem Biophys 1984; 21:130-132.
36. Rotruck J, Pope A, Ganther H, Swanson A, Hafeman DG, Hoekstra W. Selenium: biochemical role as a component of glutathione peroxidase. Science 1973; 179:588-590.
37. Miller NJ, Rice-Evans C, Davies MJ, Gopinathan V, Milner A. A novel method for measuring antioxidant capacity and its application to monitoring the antioxidant status in premature neonates. Clin Sci 1993; 84:407-412.
38. Acikel M, Buyukokuroglu ME, Aksoy H, Erdogan F, Erol MK. Protective effects of melatonin against myocardial injury induced by isoproterenol in rats. J Pineal Res 2003; 35:75-79.
39. Crompton M, Ellinger H, Costi A. Inhibition by cyclosporin A of a Ca2+-dependent pore in heart mitochondria activated by inorganic phosphate and oxidative stress. Biochem J 1988; 255:357.
40. Brockemeier KM, Carpenter-Deyo L, Reed DJ, Pfeiffer DR. Cyclosporin A protects hepatocytes subjected to high Ca2+ and oxidative stress. FEBS Lett 1992; 304:192-194.
41. Hong F, Lee J, Song J-W, Lee SJ, Ahn H, Cho JJ, et al. Cyclosporin A blocks muscle differentiation by inducing oxidative stress and inhibiting the peptidyl-prolyl-cis-trans isomerase activity of cyclophilin A: cyclophilin A protects myoblasts from cyclosporin A-induced cytotoxicity. FASEB J 2002; 16:1633-1635.
42. Hansen PR, Thibault H, Abdulla J. Postconditioning during primary percutaneous coronary intervention: a review and meta-analysis. Int J Cardiol 2010; 144:22-25.
43. Hausenloy DJ, Boston‐Griffiths E, Yellon D. Cyclosporin A and cardioprotection: from investigative tool to therapeutic agent. Br J Pharmacol 2012; 165:1235-1245.
44. De Paulis D, Chiari P, Teixeira G, Couture-Lepetit E, Abrial M, Argaud L, et al. Cyclosporine A at reperfusion fails to reduce infarct size in the in vivo rat heart. Basic Res Cardiol 2013; 108:1-11.
45. Huhn R, Heinen A, Weber NC, Hollmann MW, Schlack W, Preckel B. Hyperglycaemia blocks sevoflurane-induced postconditioning in the rat heart in vivo: cardioprotection can be restored by blocking the mitochondrial permeability transition pore. Br J Anaesth 2008; 100:465-471.
46. An D, Rodrigues B. Role of changes in cardiac metabolism in development of diabetic cardiomyopathy. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 2006; 291:H1489-H506.
47. Kobayashi T, Taguchi K, Yasuhiro T, Matsumoto T, Kamata K. Impairment of PI3-K/Akt pathway underlies attenuated endothelial function in aorta of type 2 diabetic mouse model. Hypertension 2004; 44:956-962.
48. Khaki A. Protective Effect of ocimum basilicum on brain cells exposed to oxidative damage by electromagnetic field in rat: ultrastructural study by transmission electron microscopy. Crescent J Med Biol Sci 2016; 3:1-7.
49. Fan Q, Yang XC, Liu Y, Wang LF, Liu SH, Ge YG, et al. Postconditioning attenuates myocardial injury by reducing nitro-oxidative stress in vivo in rats and in humans. Clin Sci 2011; 120:251-261.
50. Hausenloy DJ. Signalling pathways in ischaemic postconditioning. Thromb Haemost 2009; 101:626-634.
51. Perrelli M-G, Pagliaro P, Penna C. Ischemia/reperfusion injury and cardioprotective mechanisms: role of mitochondria and reactive oxygen species. World J Cardiol 2011; 3:186-200.
52. Huhn R, Heinen A, Hollmann MW, Schlack W, Preckel B, Weber NC. Cyclosporine A administered during reperfusion fails to restore cardioprotection in prediabetic Zucker obese rats in vivo. Nutr Metabol Cardiovasc Dis 2010; 20:706-712.
53. Obal D, Dettwiler S, Favoccia C, Scharbatke H, Preckel B, Schlack W. The influence of mitochondrial KATP-channels in the cardioprotection of preconditioning and postcondi-tioning by sevoflurane in the rat in vivo. Anesth Analg 2005; 101:1252-1260.
54. Fryer RM, Eells JT, Hsu AK, Henry MM, Gross GJ. Ischemic preconditioning in rats: role of mitochondrial KATP channel in preservation of mitochondrial function. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 2000; 278:H305-H312.
55. Badalzadeh R, Yousefi B, Majidinia M, Ebrahimi H. Anti-arrhythmic effect of diosgenin in reperfusion-induced myocardial injury in a rat model: activation of nitric oxide system and mitochondrial KATP channel. J Physiol Sci 2014; 64:393-400.