1. Mathers CD, Loncar D. Projections of global mortality and burden of disease from 2002 to 2030. PLoS Med 2006; 3: 2011-2030.
2. Kang TH, Mao CP, He L, Tsai YC, Liu K, La V, et al. Tumor targeted delivery of IL-2 by NKG2D leads to accumulation of antigen-specific CD8+ T cells in the tumor loci and enhanced anti-tumor effects. PLoS ONE 2012; 7: 1-9.
3. Dongdong W, Yanfeng G, Yuanming Q, Lixiang C, Yuanfang M, Yanzhang L. Peptide-based cancer therapy: Opportunity and challenge. Cancer Lett 2014; 351: 13–22.
4. Boldyrev AA. Carnosine and oxidative stress in cells and tissues. Nova Publishers 2007: 1-286.
5. Gaunitz F, Hipkiss AR. Carnosine and cancer: a perspective. Amino Acids 2012; 43: 135-142.
6. Alpsoy L, Akcayoglu G, Sahin H. Anti-oxidative and anti-genotoxic effects of carnosine on human lymphocyte culture. Hum Exp Toxicol 2011; 30: 1979-1985.
7. Sale C, Saunders B, Harris RC. Effect of beta-alanine supplementation on muscle carnosine concentrations and exercise performance. Amino acids 2010; 39: 321-333.
8. Boldyrev AA, Aldini G, Derave W. Physiology and pathophysiology of carnosine. Physiol Rev 2013; 93: 1803-1845.
9. Guiotto A, Calderan A, Ruzza P, Borin G. Carnosine and carnosine-related antioxidants: a review. Curr Med Chem 2005; 12: 2293-2315.
10. Chan KM, Decker EA, Feustman C. Endogenous skeletal muscle antioxidants. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 1994; 34: 403-426.
11. Nagai K, Suda T. Antineoplastic effects of carnosine and betaalanine–physiological considerations of its antineoplastic effects. Nihon Seirigaku Zasshi 1986; 48:741–747.
12. Holliday R, McFarland GA. Inhibition of the growth of transformed and neoplastic cells by the dipeptide carnosine. Br J Cancer 1996; 73:966–971.
13. Renner C, Seyffarth A, de Arriba S, Meixensberger J, Gebhardt R, Gaunitz F. Carnosine inhibits growth of cells isolated from human glioblastoma multiforme. Int J Pept Res Ther 2008; 14:127–135.
14. Horii Y, Shen J, Fujisaki Y, Yoshida K, Nagai K. Effects of Lcarnosine on splenic sympathetic nerve activity and tumor proliferation. Neurosci Lett 2012; 510:1–5.
15. Iovine B, Oliviero G, Garofalo M, Oreﬁce M, Nocella F, Borbone N, et al. The anti-proliferative effect of L-carnosine correlates with a decreased expression of hypoxia inducible factor 1 alpha in human colon cancer cells. PloS One 2014; 9: 1–10.
16. Hipkiss AR, Gaunitz F. Inhibition of tumour cell growth by carnosine: some possible mechanisms Amino Acids 2014; 46: 327–337.
17. Gaunitz F, Hipkiss AR. Carnosine and cancer—a perspective. Amino Acids 2012; 43:135–142.
18. Yun B, Saidan D, Jiaoyan C, Yuan L, Bingyu W, Huijuan X, et al. Carnosine inhibits the proliferation of human cervical gland carcinoma cells throughinhibiting both mitochondrial bioenergetics and glycolysis pathways and retarding cell cycle progression. Integr Cancer Ther 2016; 1–12.
19. Mosmann T. Rapid colorimetric assay for cellular growth and survival: application to proliferation and cytotoxicity assays. J Immunol Methods 1983; 65: 55-63.
20. Amador E, Dorfman LE, Wacker WE. Serum lactic dehydrogenase activity: an analytical assessment of current assays. Clin Chem 1963; 9: 391-399.
21. Han X, Gelein R, Corson N, Wade-Mercer P, Jiang J, Biswas P, et al. Validation of an LDH assay for assessing nanoparticle toxicity. Toxicology 2011; 287:99-104.
22. Jang M, Neuzil P, Volk T, Manz A, Kleber A. On-chip three-dimensional cell culture in phaseguides improves hepatocyte functions in vitro. Biomicrofluidics. 2015; 9: 034113, 1-12
23. Riccardi C, Nicoletti I. Analysis of apoptosis by propidium iodide staining and flow cytometry. Nat Protoc 2006; 1: 1458-1461.
24. Farha AK, Geetha BS, Mangalam SN, Dhanya SR, Latha PG, Remani P. Apoptosis mediated cytotoxicity induced by isodeoxyelephantopin on nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells. Asian J Pharm Clin Res. 2013; 6: 51-56.
25. Park JG, Langenwalter KJ, Weinbaum CA, Casey PJ, Pang Y-P. Improved loading and cleavage methods for solid-phase synthesis using chlorotrityl resins: synthesis and testing of a library of 144 discrete chemicals as potential farnesyl transferase inhibitors. J Comb Chem. 2004; 6: 407-413.
26. Olsen CA, Witt M, Jaroszewski JW, Franzyk H. Solid-Phase Synthesis of Rigid Acylpolyamines Using Temporary N-4,4‘-Dimethoxytrityl Protection in the Presence of Trityl Linkers. J Org Chem 2004; 69: 6149-6152.
27 Lundquist IV JT, Satterfield AD, Pelletier JC. Mild and adaptable silver triflate-assisted method for trityl protection of alcohols in solution with solid-phase loading applications. Org Lett 2006; 8: 3915-3918.
28. Crestey F, Ottesen LK, Jaroszewski JW, Franzyk H. Efficient loading of primary alcohols onto a solid phase using a trityl bromide linker. Tetrahedron Lett 2008; 49: 5890-5893.
29. Rothman DM, Vazquez ME, Vogel EM, Imperiali B. Caged phospho-amino acid building blocks for solid-phase peptide synthesis. J Org Chem 2003; 68: 6795-6798.