1. Carlsson PI, Van Laer L, Borg E, Bondeson ML, Thys M, Fransen E, et al. The influence of genetic variation in oxidative stress genes on human noise susceptibility. Hear Res 2005; 202:87-96.
2. Liberman MC. Noise-induced and age-related hearing loss: new perspectives and potential therapies. F1000Research 2017; 6:927-945.
3. Park J, Jou I, Park SM. Attenuation of noise-induced hearing loss using methylene blue. Cell death & dis 2014; 5:e1200.
4. Xiong M, Lai H, Yang C, Huang W, Wang J, Fu X, et al. Comparison of the protective effects of Radix astragali, α-lipoic acid, and vitamin E on acute acoustic trauma. Clin Med Insights Ear Nose Throat 2012; 29:25-31.
5. Dereköy FS, Dündar Y, Aslan R, Cangal AJEaoo-r-l. Influence of noise exposure on anti-oxidant system and TEOAEs in rabbits. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 2001; 258:518-522.
6. Kasperczyk S, Dobrakowski M, Kasperczyk A, Machnik G, Birkner E. Effect of N-acetylcysteine administration on the expression and activities of anti-oxidant enzymes and the malondialdehyde level in the blood of lead-exposed workers. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol 2014; 37:638-647.
7. de Pinedo AT, Peñalver P, Pérez-Victoria I, Rondón D, Morales JCJFC. Synthesis of new phenolic fatty acid esters and their evaluation as lipophilic anti-oxidants in an oil matrix. Food Chem 2007; 105:657-665.
8. Lavinsky J, Crow AL, Pan C, Wang J, Aaron KA, Ho MK, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies nox3 as a critical gene for susceptibility to noise-induced hearing loss. PLoS Genet 2015; 11:e1005094.
9. Vlajkovic SM, Lin SCy, Wong ACY, Wackrow B, Thorne PRJHr. Noise-induced changes in expression levels of NADPH oxidases in the cochlea. Hear Res 2013; 304:145-152.
10. Murillo-Cuesta S, Rodríguez-de la Rosa L, Contreras J, Celaya AM, Camarero G, Rivera T, et al. Transforming growth factor β1 inhibition protects from noise-induced hearing loss. Front Aging Neurosci 2015; 7:32-55.
11. Mazurek B, Haupt H, Amarjargal N, Yarin YM, Machulik A, Gross JJHr. Up-regulation of prestin mRNA expression in the organs of Corti of guinea pigs and rats following unilateral impulse noise exposure. Hear Res 2007; 231:73-83.
12. Chen G-DJHr. Prestin gene expression in the rat cochlea following intense noise exposure. Hear Res 2006; 222:54-61.
13. Taleb M, Brandon CS, Lee F-S, Harris KC, Dillmann WH, Cunningham LLJCS, et al. Hsp70 inhibits aminoglycoside-induced hearing loss and cochlear hair cell death. Cell Stress Chaperones 2009; 14:427-437.
14. Adelman C, Freeman S, Paz Z, Sohmer H. Salicylic acid injection before noise exposure reduces permanent threshold shift. Audiol Neurootol 2008; 13:266-272.
15. Seidman MD, Tang W, Bai VU, Ahmad N, Jiang H, Media J, et al. Resveratrol decreases noise-induced cyclooxygenase-2 expression in the rat cochlea. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2013; 148:827-833.
16. Le Prell C, Johnson A-C, Lindblad A-C, Skjönsberg Å, Ulfendahl M, Guire K, et al. Increased vitamin plasma levels in Swedish military personnel treated with nutrients prior to automatic weapon training. Noise Health 2011; 13:432-443.
17. Wu HP, Hsu CJ, Cheng TJ, Guo YL. N-acetylcysteine attenuates noise-induced permanent hearing loss in diabetic rats. Hear Res 2010; 267:71-77.
18. Jahani L, Mehrparvar A, Esmailidehaj M, Rezvani M, Moghbelolhossein B, Razmjooei Z. The effect of atorvastatin on preventing noise-induced hearing loss: an experimental study. Int J Occup Environ Med 2016; 7:615-621.
19. Loukzadeh Z, Hakimi A, Esmailidehaj M, Mehrparvar AH. Effect of Ascorbic Acid on Noise Induced Hearing Loss in Rats. Iran J Otorhinolaryngol 2015; 27:267-272.
20. Hou W, Hu S, Su Z, Wang Q, Meng G, Guo T, et al. Myricetin attenuates LPS-induced inflammation in RAW 264.7 macrophages and mouse models. Future Med Chem 2018; 10:2253-2264.
21. Domitrović R, Rashed K, Cvijanović O, Vladimir-Knežević S, Škoda M, Višnić AJC-bi. Myricitrin exhibits anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and antifibrotic activity in carbon tetrachloride-intoxicated mice. Chem Biol Interact. 2015; 230:21-29.
22. Fetoni AR, De Bartolo P, Eramo SLM, Rolesi R, Paciello F, Bergamini C, et al. Noise-induced hearing loss (NIHL) as a target of oxidative stress-mediated damage: cochlear and cortical responses after an increase in anti-oxidant defense. J Neurosci 2013; 33:4011-4023.
23. Tang M, Zhou F, Zhang W, Guo Z, Shang Y, Lu H, et al. The role of thrombospondin-1-mediated TGF-β1 on collagen type III synthesis induced by high glucose. Mol Cell Biochem 2011; 346:49-56.
24. Mazurek B, Haupt H, Joachim R, Klapp BF, Stöver T, Szczepek AJJHr. Stress induces transient auditory hypersensitivity in rats. Hear Res 2010; 259:55-63.
25. Kumei Y, Morita S, Shimokawa H, Ohya Ki, Akiyama H, Hirano M, et al. Inhibition of HSP70 and a collagen‐specific molecular chaperone (HSP47) expression in rat osteoblasts by microgravity. Ann N Y Acad Sci 2003; 1010:476-480.
26. Megateli S, Krea MJP, plants mbo. Enhancement of total phenolic and flavonoids extraction from Rosmarinus officinalis L. using electromagnetic induction heating (EMIH) process. Physiol Mol Biol Plants 2018; 24:889-897.
27. Zhang X, Liu Y, Zhang L, Yang Z, Shao Y, Jiang C, et al. Genetic variations in protocadherin 15 and their interactions with noise exposure associated with noise-induced hearing loss in Chinese population. Environ Res 2014; 135:247-252.
28. Van Campen LE, Murphy WJ, Franks JR, Mathias PI, Toraason MA. Oxidative DNA damage is associated with intense noise exposure in the rat. Hear Res 2002; 164:29-38.
29. Ohinata Y, Miller JM, Schacht JJBr. Protection from noise-induced lipid peroxidation and hair cell loss in the cochlea. Brain Res 2003; 966:265-273.
30. Rybak LP, Mukherjea D, Jajoo S, Kaur T, Ramkumar VJC, sciences ml. siRNA-mediated knock-down of NOX3: therapy for hearing loss. Cell Mol Life Sci 2012; 69:2429-2434.
31. Mukherjea D, Jajoo S, Whitworth C, Bunch JR, Turner JG, Rybak LP, et al. Short interfering RNA against transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 attenuates cisplatin-induced hearing loss in the rat. J Neurosci 2008; 28:13056-13065.
32. Sirokmány G, Donkó Á, Geiszt MJTips. Nox/Duox family of NADPH oxidases: lessons from knockout mouse models. Trends Pharmacol Sci 2016; 37:318-327.
33. Mukherjea D, Jajoo S, Sheehan K, Kaur T, Sheth S, Bunch J, et al. NOX3 NADPH oxidase couples transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 to signal transducer and activator of transcription 1-mediated inflammation and hearing loss. Antioxid Redox Signal 2011; 14:999-1010.
34. Wissel K, Wefstaedt P, Miller JM, Lenarz T, Stöver TJN. Differential brain-derived neurotrophic factor and transforming growth factor-beta expression in the rat cochlea following deafness. Neuroreport 2006; 17:1297-1301.
35. Sanz L, Murillo-Cuesta S, Cobo P, Cediel R, Contreras J, Rivera T, et al. Swept-sine noise-induced damage as a hearing loss model for preclinical assays. Front Aging Neurosci 2015; 7:7-28.
36. Mun SK, Han KH, Baek JT, Ahn SW, Cho HS, Chang MYJC, et al. Losartan prevents maladaptive auditory-somatosensory plasticity after hearing loss via transforming growth factor-β signaling suppression. Clin Exp Otorhinolaryngol 2019; 12:33-39.
37. Geleoc GS, Holt JRJTin. Auditory amplification: outer hair cells pres the issue. Trends Neurosci 2003; 26:115-117.
38. Xia A, Song Y, Wang R, Gao SS, Clifton W, Raphael P, et al. Prestin regulation and function in residual outer hair cells after noise-induced hearing loss. PLoS One 2013; 8:e82602.
39. Gong T-W, Fairfield DA, Fullarton L, Dolan DF, Altschuler RA, Kohrman DC, et al. Induction of heat shock proteins by hyperthermia and noise overstimulation in Hsf1−/− mice. J Assoc Res Otolaryngol 2012; 13:29-37.
40. Du Y, Liu XH, Zhu HC, Wang L, Wang ZS, Ning JZ, Xiao CC. Hydrogen sulfide treatment protects against renal ischemia-reperfusion injury via induction of heat shock proteins in rats. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2019; 22:99-112.
41. Takada Y, Takada T, Lee MY, Swiderski DL, Kabara LL, Dolan DF, et al. Ototoxicity-induced loss of hearing and inner hair cells is attenuated by HSP70 gene transfer. Mol Ther Methods Clin Dev 2015; 2:15019-15034.
42. Samson J, Wiktorek-Smagur A, Politanski P, Rajkowska E, Pawlaczyk-Luszczynska M, Dudarewicz A, et al. Noise-induced time-dependent changes in oxidative stress in the mouse cochlea and attenuation by D-methionine. Neuroscience 2008; 152:146-150.
43. Tuerdi A, Kinoshita M, Kamogashira T, Fujimoto C, Iwasaki S, Shimizu T, et al. Manganese superoxide dismutase influences the extent of noise-induced hearing loss in mice. Neurosci Lett 2017; 642:123-128.
44. McFadden SL, Ohlemiller KK, Ding D, Shero M, Salvi RJ. The influence of superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase deficiencies on noise induced hearing loss in mice. Noise Health 2001; 3:49-64.
45. Yildirim I, Kilinc M, Okur E, Tolun FI, Kilic MA, Kurutas EB, et al. The effects of noise on hearing and oxidative stress in textile workers. Ind Health 2007; 45:743-749.
46. Rewerska A, Pawelczyk M, Rajkowska E, Politanski P, Sliwinska-Kowalska M. Evaluating D-methionine dose to attenuate oxidative stress-mediated hearing loss following overexposure to noise. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 2013; 270:1513-1520.
47. Kapoor N, Mani KV, Shyam R, Sharma RK, Singh AP, Selvamurthy WJN, et al. Effect of vitamin E supplementation on carbogen-induced amelioration of noise induced hearing loss in man. Noise Health 2011; 13:452-458.
48. Jayakumar J, Nirmala P, Kumar BP, Kumar APJSAjoc. Evaluation of protective effect of myricetin, a bioflavonoid in dimethyl benzanthracene-induced breast cancer in female Wistar rats. South Asian J Cancer 2014; 3:107-111.
49. Yu HH, Kim YH, Jung SY, Shin MK, Park RK, So HS, et al. Rehmannia glutinosa activates intracellular anti-oxidant enzyme systems in mouse auditory cells. Am J Chin Med 2006; 34:1083-1093.
50. Chen Y, Xue Y. Purification, chemical characterization and anti-oxidant activities of a novel polysaccharide from Auricularia polytricha. Int J Biol Macromol 2018; 120:1087-1092.
51. Lorito G, Giordano P, Prosser S, Martini A, Hatzopoulos S. Noise-induced hearing loss: a study on the pharmacological protection in the Sprague Dawley rat with N-acetyl-cysteine. Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 2006; 26:133-139.