1. Leonardi GC, Accardi G, Monastero R, Nicoletti F, Libra M. Ageing: from inflammation to cancer. Immun ageing: 2018; 15:1-7.
2. Stephenson J, Nutma E, van der Valk P, Amor S. Inflammation in CNS neurodegenerative diseases. Immunology 2018; 154:204-219.
3. Martinez BK, White CM. The emerging role of inflammation in cardiovascular disease. Ann Pharmacother 2018; 52:801-809.
4. Xia C, Rao X, Zhong J. Role of T lymphocytes in type 2 diabetes and diabetes-associated inflammation. J Diabetes Res 2017; 2017:6494795.
5. Gilligan JP, Lovato SJ, Erion MD, Jeng AY. Modulation of carrageenan-induced hind paw edema by substance P. J Inflamm 1994; 18:285-292.
6. Halici Z, Dengiz GO, Odabasoglu F, Suleyman H, Cadirci E, Halici M. Amiodarone has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative properties: an experimental study in rats with carrageenan-induced paw edema. Eur J Pharmacol 2007; 566:215-221.
7. Adcock IM, Brown CR, Kwon O, Barnes PJ. Oxidative stress induces NF kappa B DNA binding and inducible NOS mRNA in the human epithelial cell line A549. Biochem Soc Trans 1994; 22:186S.
8. Ferrer MD, Busquets-Cortes C, Capo X, Tejada S, Tur JA, Pons A, et al. Cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors as a therapeutic target in inflammatory diseases. Curr Med Chem 2019; 26:3225-3241.
9. Higuchi T, Takeuchi A, Munesue S, Yamamoto N, Hayashi K, Kimura H, et al. Anti-tumor effects of a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug zaltoprofen on chondrosarcoma via activating peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma and suppressing matrix metalloproteinase-2 expression. Cancer Med 2018; 7:1944-1954.
10. Hiller JG, Sampurno S, Millen R, Kuruvilla N, Ho KM, Ramsay R, et al. Impact of celecoxib on inflammation during cancer surgery: a randomized clinical trial. Can J Anaesth 2017; 64:497-505.
11. Wick M, Hurteau G, Dessev C, Chan D, Geraci MW, Winn RA, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma is a target of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs mediating cyclooxygenase-independent inhibition of lung cancer cell growth. Mol Pharmacol 2002; 62:1207-1214.
12. Bermudez V, Finol F, Parra N, Parra M, Perez A, Penaranda L, et al. PPAR-gamma agonists and their role in type 2 diabetes mellitus management. Am J Ther 2010; 17:274-283.
13. Lehrke M, Lazar MA. The many faces of PPAR gamma. Cell 2005; 123:993-999.
14. El Dairi R, Huuskonen P, Pasanen M, Rysa J. Peroxisome proliferator activated receptor gamma (PPAR-gamma) ligand pioglitazone regulated gene networks in term human primary trophoblast cells. Reprod Toxicol 2018; 81:99-107.
15. Oliveira ACP, Bertollo CM, Rocha LTS, Nascimento EB, Costa KA, Coelho MM. Antinociceptive and antiedematogenic activities of fenofibrate, an agonist of PPAR alpha, and pioglitazone, an agonist of PPAR gamma. Eur J Pharmacol 2007; 561:194-201.
16. Mansouri MT, Naghizadeh B, Ghorbanzadeh B, Rajabi H, Pashmforoush M. Pharmacological evidence for systemic and peripheral antinociceptive activities of pioglitazone in the rat formalin test: role of PPAR gamma and nitric oxide. Eur J Pharmacol 2017; 805:84-92.
17. Vinegar R, Schreiber W, Hugo R. Biphasic development of carrageenin edema in rats. J Pharmacol Exp Therap 1969; 166:96-103.
18. Dudhgaonkar SP, Tandan SK, Bhat AS, Jadhav SH, Kumar D. Synergistic anti-inflammatory interaction between meloxicam and aminoguanidine hydrochloride in carrageenan-induced acute inflammation in rats. Life Sci 2006; 78:1044-1048.
19. Houshmand G, Mansouri MT, Naghizadeh B, Hemmati AA, Hashemitabar M. Potentiation of indomethacin-induced anti-inflammatory response by pioglitazone in carrageenan-induced acute inflammation in rats: role of PPAR gamma receptors. Int Immunopharmacol 2016; 38:434-442.
20. Napimoga MH, Souza GR, Cunha TM, Ferrari LF, Clemente-Napimoga JT, Parada CA, et al. 15d-prostaglandin J(2) inhibits inflammatory hypernociception: involvement of peripheral opioid receptor. J Pharmacol Exp Therap 2008; 324:313-321.
21. Yamamoto A, Kakuta H, Sugimoto Y. Involvement of glucocorticoid receptor activation on anti-inflammatory effect induced by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma agonist in mice. Int Immunopharmacol 2014; 22:204-208.
22. Huang GJ, Pan CH, Wu CH. Sclareol exhibits anti-inflammatory activity in both lipopolysaccharide-stimulated macrophages and the lambda-carrageenan-induced paw edema model. J Nat Prod 2012; 75:54-59.
23. Rahardjo B, Widjajanto E, Sujuti H, Keman K. Different levels of IL-1 alpha, IL-6, TNF-alpha, NF-kappa B and PPAR-gamma in monocyte cultures exposed by plasma preeclampsia and normotensive pregnancy. Pregnancy Hypertens 2014; 4:187-193.
24. Anderson GD, Hauser SD, McGarity KL, Bremer ME, Isakson PC, Gregory SA. Selective inhibition of cyclooxygenase (COX)-2 reverses inflammation and expression of COX-2 and interleukin 6 in rat adjuvant arthritis. J Clin Invest 1996; 97:2672-2679.
25. Malefyt RD, Abrams J, Bennett B, Figdor CG, Devries JE. Interleukin-10(Il-10) inhibits cytokine synthesis by human monocytes - an autoregulatory role of Il-10 produced by monocytes. J Exp Med 1991; 174:1209-1220.
26. Nathan C. Points of control in inflammation. Nature 2002; 420:846-852.
27. Pinheiro RM, Calixto JB. Effect of the selective COX-2 inhibitors, celecoxib and rofecoxib in rat acute models of inflammation. Inflamm Res 2002; 51:603-610.
28. Knopfova L, Smarda J. The use of COX-2 and PPAR gamma signaling in anti-cancer therapies. Exp Therap Med 2010; 1:257-264.
29. Nacife VP, Soeiro MDC, Gomes RN, D’Avila H, Neto HCCF, Meirelles MDL. Morphological and biochemical characterization of macrophages activated by carrageenan and lipopolysaccharide in vivo Cell Struct Funct 2004; 29:27-34.
30. Ackerman WE, Zhang XLL, Rovin BH, Kniss DA. Modulation of cytokine-induced cyclooxygenase 2 expression by PPARG ligands through NF kappa B signal disruption in human WISH and amnion cells. Biol Reprod 2005; 73:527-535.
31. Linke B, Schreiber Y, Picard-Willems B, Slattery P, Nusing RM, Harder S, et al. Activated platelets induce an anti-inflammatory response of monocytes/macrophages through cross-regulation of PGE(2) and cytokines. Mediators Inflamm 2017.
32. Kim SR, Lee KS, Park HS, Park SJ, Min KH, Jin SM, et al. Involvement of IL-10 in peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma-mediated anti-inflammatory response in asthma. Mol Pharmacol 2005; 68:1568-1575.
33. Campisi J, Andersen JK, Kapahi P, Melov S. Cellular senescence: a link between cancer and age-related degenerative disease? Semin Cancer Biol 2011; 21:354-359.
34. Griendling KK, Sorescu D, Lassegue B, Ushio-Fukai M. Modulation of protein kinase activity and gene expression by reactive oxygen species and their role in vascular physiology and pathophysiology. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2000; 20:2175-2183.
35. Keck T, Werner J, Banafsche R, Stalmann A, Schneider L, Gebhard MM, et al. Oxygen radicals promote ICAM-1 expression and microcirculatory disturbances in experimental acute pancreatitis. Pancreatology 2003; 3:156-163.
36. Malek A, Sager R, Schneider H. Effect of hypoxia, oxidative stress and lipopolysaccharides on the release of prostaglandins and cytokines from human term placental explants. Placenta 2001; 22:S45-S50.
37. Salvemini D, Wang ZQ, Bourdon DM, Stern MK, Currie MG, Manning PT. Evidence of peroxynitrite involvement in the carrageenan-induced rat paw edema. Eur J Pharmacol 1996; 303:217-220.
38. Amic A, Markovic Z, Markovic JMD, Jeremic S, Lucic B, Amic D. Free radical scavenging and COX-2 inhibition by simple colon metabolites of polyphenols: a theoretical approach. Comput Biol Chem 2016; 65:45-53.
39. Collino M, Aragno M, Mastrocola R, Gallichio M, Rosa AC, Dianzani C, et al. Modulation of the oxidative stress and inflammatory response by PPAR-gamma agonists in the hippocampus of rats exposed to cerebral ischemia/reperfusion. Eur J Pharmacol 2006; 530:70-80.