1. Crider KS, Yang TP, Berry RJ, Bailey LB. Folate and DNA methylation: a review of molecular mechanisms and the evidence for folate’s role. Adv Nutr 2012; 3:21-38.
2. Shooshtari MK, Moazedi AA, Parham GA. Memory and motor coordination improvement by folic acid supplementation in healthy adult male rats. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2012; 15:1173-1179.
3. Dolatabadi HRD, Reisi P, Alaei H, Malekabadi HA, Pilehvarian AA. Folic acid and coenzyme Q10 ameliorate cognitive dysfunction in the rats with intracerebroventricular injection of streptozotocin. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2012; 15:719-724.
4. Mahmood L. The metabolic processes of folic acid and Vitamin B12 deficiency. J Health Res Rev 2014; 1:5-9
5. Abbasi IHR, Abbasi F, Wang L, Abd El Hack ME, Swelum AA, Hao R, et al. Folate promotes S-adenosyl methionine reactions and the microbial methylation cycle and boosts ruminants production and reproduction. Amb Express 2018; 8:65-74.
6. Kirke PN, Mills JL, Molloy AM, Brody LC, O’Leary VB, Daly L, et al. Impact of the MTHFR C677T polymorphism on risk of neural tube defects: case-control study. Bmj 2004; 328:1535-1536.
7. Hesami Arani S, Kerachian MA. Rising rates of colorectal cancer among younger Iranians: is diet to blame? Curr Oncol 2017; 24:e131-e137.
8. Dolinoy DC, Weidman JR, Waterland RA, Jirtle RL. Maternal genistein alters coat color and protects Avy mouse offspring from obesity by modifying the fetal epigenome. Environ Health Perspect 2006; 114:567-572.
9. Dolinoy DC, Huang D, Jirtle RL. Maternal nutrient supplementation counteracts bisphenol A-induced DNA hypomethylation in early development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2007; 104:13056-13061.
10. Hoyo C, Murtha AP, Schildkraut JM, Jirtle RL, Demark-Wahnefried W, Forman MR, et al. Methylation variation at IGF2 differentially methylated regions and maternal folic acid use before and during pregnancy. Epigenetics 2011; 6:928-936.