1. Rees WD, Turnberg LA. Mechanisms of gastric mucosal protection: A role for the ‘mucus-bicarbonate’ barrier. Clin Sci 1982; 62: 343-348.
2. Takeuchi K, Prostaglandin EP. Receptors and their roles in mucosal protection and ulcer healing in the gastrointestinal tract. Adv Clin Chem 2000; 51:121-144.
3. Akimoto M, Hashimoto H, Shigemoto M, Yamashita K, Yokoyama I. Changes of nitric oxide and growth factors during gastric ulcers healing. J. Cardiovasc. Pharmacol 2000; 36:282-285.
4. Schubert ML, Peura DA. Control of gastric acid secretion in health and disease. Gastroenterology 2008; 134: 1842-1860.
5. Rocha BS, Lundberg JO, Radi R, Laranjinha J. Role of nitrite urate and pepsin in the gastroprotective effects of saliva. Redox Biol 2016; 8:407-414.
6. Kwiecien S, Magierowska K, Sliwowski Z, Wojcik D, Magierowski M, Brzozowski T. New insight into the mechanisms of gastroduodenal injury induced by nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: practical implications. Pol Arch Med Wewn 2015; 125:191-198.
7. Wallace JL, Mechanisms. Prevention and clinical implications of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug-enteropathy. World J Gastroenterol 2013; 1861-1876.
8. Bujanda L. The effects of alcohol consumption upon the gastrointestinal tract. Am J Gastroenterol 2000; 95:3374-3382.
9. Sesler JM. Stress-related mucosal disease in the intensive care unit: an update on prophylaxis. Aacn Adv Crit Care 2007; 18:119-126.
10. Yamaoka, Yoshio. Mechanisms of disease: Helicobacter pylori virulence factors. Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol 2010; 7:629-641.
11. Ren Sichen,Wei Ying,Wang Ruilin et al. Rutaecarpine ameliorates ethanol-induced gastric mucosal injury in mice by modulating genes related to inflammation, oxidative stress and apoptosis. Front Pharmacol 2020; 11: 600295.
12. Fahmi AA, Abdur-Rahman M, Aboul NAF, Hamed MA, Abd-Alla HI, Nasr MI. Pulicaria crispa mitigates Gastric ulcers induced by ethanol in rats: role of treatment and auto healing. Biomarkers 2019; 24:286-294.
13. Zheng H, Chen YL, Zhang JZ, Wang L, Jin ZX, Huang HH, et al. Evaluation of protective effects of costunolide and dehydrocostuslactone on ethanol-induced gastric ulcers in mice based on multi-pathway regulation. Chem Biol Interact 2016; 250:68-77.
14. Yu LY, Sun LN, Zhang XH, Li YQ, Yu L, Yuan Z Q, et al. A review of the novel application and potential adverse effects of proton pump inhibitors. Adv Ther 2017; 34:1070-1086.
15. Rozza AL, Pellizzon CH. Essential oils from medicinal and aromatic plants: A review of the gastroprotective and ulcer-healing activities. Fundam Clin Pharmacol 2013; 27:51-63.
16. Sharifi-Rad M, Fokou PVT, Sharopov F, Martorell M, Ademiluyi AO, Rajkovic J, et al. Antiulcer Agents: From Plant Extracts to Phytochemicals in Healing Promotion. Molecules 2018; 23:1751-1788.
17. Abubakar IB, Malami I, Yahaya Y, Sule SM. A review on the ethnomedicinal uses phytochemistry and pharmacology of Alpinia officinarum Hance. J Ethnopharmacol 2018; 224:45-62.
18. Cheng SQ, Li YH, Chen F, Wei N, Wang Y, Tan YF, et al. Optimization of ethanol extraction of Alpinia officinarum by multiple components evaluation. Chin Trad Patent Med 2015; 37:2402–2407.
19. Zhang JQ, Wang Y, Li, HL, Wen Q, Yin H, Zeng NK, et al. Simultaneous quantification of seventeen bioactive components in rhizome and aerial parts of Alpinia officinarum Hance using LC-MS/MS Anal. Methods 2015;7:4919-4926.
20. Araújo MB, Borini P, Guimarães RC. Etiopathogenesis of peptic ulcer: Back to the past? Arq. Gastroenterol 2014; 51:155–161.
21. La CR, Caselli M, Castellino G, Bajocchi G, Trotta F. Prophylaxis and treatment of NSAID-induced gastroduodenal disorders. Drug Saf 1999; 20: 527-543.
22. Bi WP,Man HB, Man MQ. Efficacy and safety of herbal medicines in treating gastric ulcer: A review. World J Gastroenterol 2014; 20:17020-17028.
23. Park KH, Pai J, Song DG, Sim DW, Park HJ, Lee JH, et al. Ranitidine-induced anaphylaxis: clinical features, cross-reactivity, and skin testing. Clin Exp Allergy 2016; 46: 631-639.
24. Amirshahrokhi K, Khalili AR. Gastroprotective effect of 2-mercaptoethane sulfonate against acute gastric mucosal damage induced by ethanol. Int Immunopharmacol 2016; 34:183-188.
25. Fahmy NM, Al-Sayed E, Michel HE, El-Shazly M, Singab ANB. Gastroprotective effects of Erythrina speciosa (Fabaceae) leaves cultivated in Egypt against ethanol-induced gastric ulcers in rats. J Ethnopharmacol 2020; 248: 112297.
26. Yao H, Wu ZQ, Xu YM, Xu H, Lou GH, Jiang Q, et al. Andrographolide attenuates imbalance of gastric vascular homeostasis induced by ethanol through glycolysis pathway. Sci Rep 2019; 9: 4968-4948.
27. Ismail SNW, Noor AAKi, Mohtarrudin N, Omar MH, Tohid SFM, Cheema MS, et al. Melastoma malabathricumsemipurified ethyl acetate partition of methanolic extract of leaves exerts gastroprotective activity partly via its anti-oxidant-antisecretory-anti-inflammatory action and synergistic action of several flavonoid-based compounds. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2017; 2017: 6542631.
28. Antonisamy P, Duraipandiyan V, Aravinthan A, Al-Dhabi NA, Ignacimuthu S, Choi KC, et al. Protective effects of friedelin isolated from Azima tetracantha Lam. against ethanol-induced gastric ulcers in rats and possible underlying mechanisms. Eur J Pharmacol 2015; 750: 167-175.
29. Li WF, Wang XM, Zhang HL, He ZH, Zhi WB, Liu F, et al. Anti-ulcerogenic effect of cavidine against ethanol-induced acute gastric ulcers in mice and possible underlying mechanism. Int Immunopharmacol 2016; 38: 450-459.
30. Franke A, Teyssen S, Singer MV. Alcohol-related diseases of the esophagus and stomach. Dig Dis 2005; 23: 204-213.
31. Zhang L, Gong JT,Zhang HQ, Song QH, Xu GH, Cai L, et al. Melatonin attenuates noise stress-induced gastrointestinal motility disorder and gastric stress ulcer: Role of gastrointestinal hormones and oxidative stress in rats. J Neurogastroenterol Motil 2015; 21: 189-199.
32. Almasaudi SB, El-Shitany NA, Abbas AT, Abdel-dayem UA, Ali SS, Al JSK, et al. Anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antiulcer potential of manuka honey against gastric ulcers in rats. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2016; 2016: 3643824.
33. Al BR, Al-Bayaty F, Jamil AMM, Abdualkader AM, Hadi HA, Ali HM, et al. In vivo anti-oxidant and antiulcer activity of Parkia speciosa ethanolic leaf extract against ethanol-induced Gastric ulcers in rats. PLoS One 2013; 8: e64751.
34. Li W, Wang X, Zhi W, Zhang H, He Z,Wang Y, et al. The gastroprotective effect of nobiletin against ethanol-induced acute gastric lesions in mice:impact on oxidative stress and inflammation. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 2017; 39:354-363.
35. Kwiecien S, Jasnos K, Magierowski M, Sliwowski Z, Pajdo R, Brzozowski B, et al. Lipid peroxidation, reactive oxygen species and anti-oxidative factors in the pathogenesis of gastric mucosal lesions and mechanism of protection against oxidative stress - induced gastric injury. J Physiol Pharmacol 2014; 65: 613-622.
36. Zeng Q, Ko CH, Siu WS, Li LF, Han XQ, Yang L, et al. Polysaccharides of Dendrobium officinale Kimura & Migo protect gastric mucosal cell against oxidative damage-induced apoptosis in vitro and in vivo. J Ethnopharmacol 2017; 208:214-224.
37. Ibrahim IA, Qader SW, Abdulla MA, Nimir AR, Abdelwahab SI,Al-Bayaty FH. Effects of Pithecellobium jiringa ethanol extract against ethanol-induced gastric mucosal injuries in Sprague-Dawley rats. Molecules 2012; 17:2796-2811.
38. Aziz RS, Siddiqua A, Shahzad M, Shabbir A, Naseem N. Oxyresveratrol ameliorates ethanol-induced gastric ulcers via downregulation of IL-6, TNF-α, NF-ĸB, and COX-2 levels and upregulation of TFF-2 levels. Biomed. Pharmacother 2019; 110:554–560.
39. Marcelo R, philip c. obesity inflammation toll-like receptor 4 and fatty acids nutrients 2018; 10:432.
40. Mitchell JP, Carmody Ruaidhrí J. NF-κB and the transcriptional control of inflammation. Int Rev Cell Mol Biol 2018; 335: 41-84.
41. Ye HH, Hua R, Yu L, Wu KJ, Fei SJ, Qin X, et al. Abnormal expression of Toll-like receptor 4 is associated with susceptibility to ethanol-induced gastric mucosal injury in mice. Dig Dis Sci 2013; 58: 2826-2839.
42. Zhang Y, Chen H, Yang L. Toll-like receptor 4 participates in gastric mucosal protection through Cox-2 and PGE2. Dig Liver Dis 2010; 42: 472-476.
43. Mishra V, Pathak C. Human Toll-Like Receptor 4 (hTLR4): Structural and functional dynamics in cancer. Int J Biol Macromol 2019; 122:425-451.
44. Tang XY, Huang BY, Zhang LL, Li L, Zhang GF. Molecular characterization of Pacific oyster (Crassostrea gigas) IRAK4 gene and its role in MyD88-dependent pathway. Dev Comp Immunol 2017; 72:21-29.
45. Nabavizadeh F, Alizadeh AM, Sadroleslami Z, Adeli S. Gastroprotective effects of amygdalin on experimental sgastric ulcer: Role of NO and TNF-α. J Med Plants Res 2011; 5:3122-3127.
46. Fu Y, Wu HQ, Cui HL, Li YY, Li CZ. Gastroprotective and anti-ulcer effects of oxymatrine against several gastric ulcers models in rats: Possible roles of anti-oxidant anti-inflammatory and prosurvival mechanisms. Phytother Res 2018; 32:2047-2058.
47. Tachi K, Goto H, Hayakawa T, Sugiyama S. Prevention of water immersion stress-induced gastric lesions through the enhancement of nitric oxide synthase activity in rats. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 1996; 10:97-103.
48. Szallasi A, Cortright DN, Blum CA, Eid SR. The vanilloid receptor TRPV1: 10 years from channel cloning to antagonist proof-of-concept. Nat Rev Drug Discov 2007; 6:357-372.
49. Patil MJ, Salas M, Bialuhin S, Boyd JT, Jeske NA, Akopian AN. Sensitization of small-diameter sensory neurons is controlled by TRPV1 and TRPA1 association. FASEB J 2020; 34:287-302.
50. Nishijima CM, Ganev EG, Mazzardo-Martin L, Martins DF, Rocha LRM, Santos ARS. Hiruma-Lima C. A. Citral: A monoterpene with prophylactic and therapeutic anti-nociceptive effects in experimental models of acute and chronic pain. Eur J Pharmacol 2014; 736:16-25.
51. Luo XJ, Liu B, Dai Z, Yang ZC, Peng J. Stimulation of calcitonin gene-related peptide release through targeting capsaicin receptor: A potential strategy for gastric mucosal protection. Dig Dis Sci 2013; 58: 320-325.
52. De OTM, Lemos TLG, Machado LL, Rao VS, Santos FA. Quebrachitol-induced gastroprotection against acute gastric lesions: Role of prostaglandins, nitric oxide and K+ ATP channels. Phytomedicine 2008; 15: 327-333.
53. Li NS, Luo XJ, Dai Z, Liu B, Zhang YS, Yang ZC, et al. Beneficial effects of capsiate on ethanol-induced mucosal injury in rats are related to stimulation of calcitonin gene-related peptide release. Planta Med 2012; 78:24-30.
54. Horie S, Tashima K, Matsumoto K. Gastrointestinal spice sensors and their functions. Yakugaku Zasshi 2018; 138:1003-1009.
55. Dux M, Babes A, Manchen J, Sertel-Nakajima J, Vogler B, Schramm J, et al. High-dose phenylephrine increases meningeal blood flow through TRPV1 receptor activation and release of calcitonin gene-related peptide. Eur J Pain 2020; 24:383-397.
56. Gazzieri D, Trevisani M, Springer J, Harrison S, Cottrell GS, Andre E, et al. Substance P released by TRPV1-expressing neurons produces reactive oxygen species that mediate ethanol-induced gastric injury. Free Radic Biol Med 2007; 43:581-589.