1. Available from: https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/hepatitis-b.
2. James M, Paik PG, Younossi Y, Mishra A, Younossi ZM. Changes in the global burden of chronic liver diseases from 2012 to 2017: the growing impact of NAFLD. Hepatology 2020; 72:1605-1616.
3. Rehermann B NM. Immunology of hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus infection. Nat Rev Immunol 2005; 5:215-229.
4. Vinader V AK. A beginner’s guide to chemokines. Futur Med Chem 2012; 4:845-852.
5. Garabedian L1 SS, Opdenakker G, Sozzani S, Van Damme J, Laureys G. Langerhans cell histiocytosis: a cytokine/chemokine mediated disorder? Eur Cytokine Netw 2011; 22:148-153.
6. Read KA PM, Powell MD, McDonald PW, Oestreich KJ. IL-2, IL-7, and IL-15: multistage regulators of CD4(+) T helper cell differentiation. Exp Hematol 2016; 44:799-808.
7. Negahdaripour M NN, Ghasemi Y. A panoramic review and in silico analysis of IL-11 structure and function. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 2016; 32:41-61.
8. Xu DHea. The role of IL-11 in immunity and cancer. Cancer Lett 2016; 373:156-163.
9. Silver JSH, Hunter CA. Gp130 at the nexus of inflammation, autoimmunity, and cancer. J leukoc Biol 2010; 88:1145-1156.
10. Garbers C, Scheller J. Interleukin-6 and interleukin-11: same same but different. Biol Chem 2013; 394:1145-1161.
11. He Y HS, Ahmed YA, Feng D, Li N, Ribeiro M, Lafdil F, et al. Immunopathobiology and therapeutic targets related to cytokines in liver diseases. Cell Mol Immunol 2021; 18:18-37.
12. Bouchard MJ, Wang LH, Schneider RJ. Calcium signaling by HBx protein in hepatitis B virus DNA replication. Science 2001; 294:2376-2378.
13. Waris G HK, Siddiqui A. Mitochondrially associated hepatitis B virus X protein constitutively activates transcription factors STAT-3 and NF-kappa B via oxidative stress. Mol Cell Biol 2001; 21:7721-7730.
14. Casciano JC DN, Lamontagne RJ, Steel LF, Bouchard MJ. Hepatitis B virus modulates store-operated calcium entry to enhance viral replication in primary hepatocytes. PLOS One 2017; 12:1-26.
15. Jabeen K, Malik U, Mansoor S, Shahzad S, Zahid S, Javed A. Effect of oxidative stress and calcium deregulation on FAM26F (CALHM6) expression during hepatitis B virus infection. BMC Infect Dis 2021; 21:228-241.
16. Ladner SK OM, Barker CS, Zaifert K, Wang GH, Guo JT, Seeger C, et al. Inducible expression of human hepatitis B virus (HBV) in stably transfected hepatoblastoma cells: a novel system for screening potential inhibitors of HBV replication. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 1997; 41:1715–1720.
17. He D, Li M, Guo S, Zhu P, Huang H, Yan G, et al. Expression pattern of serum cytokines in hepatitis B virus infected patients with persistently normal alanine aminotransferase levels. J Clin Immunol 2013; 33:1240-1249.
18. Chen H, Wang LW, Huang YQ, Gong ZJ. Interferon-alpha induces high expression of APOBEC3G and STAT-1 in vitro and in vivo. Int J Mol Sci 2010; 11:3501-3512.
19. Kwak MS, Chung GE, Yang JI, Yim JY. Long-term outcomes of HBsAg/anti-HBs double-positive versus HBsAg single-positive patients with chronic hepatitis B. Sci Rep 2019; 9:1-7.
20. WHO. WHO Guidelines for the prevention, care and treatment of persons with chronic hepatitis b infection. [Internet] 2015.
21. EASL. EASL clinical practice guidelines on the management of hepatitis B virus infection. J Hepatol 2017; 67:370-398.
22. Terrault NA, Bzowej NH, Chang K-M, Hwang JP, Jonas MM, Murad MH. AASLD guidelines for treatment of chronic hepatitis B. Hepatology 2016; 63:261-283.
23. Terrault NA, Lok ASF, McMahon BJ, Chang KM, Hwang JP, Jonas MM, et al. Update on prevention, diagnosis, and treatment and of chronic hepatitis B: AASLD 2018 hepatitis B guidance. Hepatology 2018; 67:1560-1599.
24. Huang Y AL, Joseph J, Bulsara MK, Jeffrey GP. The ability of hepascore to predict liver fibrosis in chronic liver disease: a meta-analysis. Liver Int 2017; 37:121-131.
25. Sarin SK, Kumar M, Lau GK, Abbas Z, Chan HLY, Chen CJ, et al. Asian-pacific clinical practice guidelines on the management of hepatitis B: a 2015 update. Hepatol Int 2016; 10:1-98.
26. Jung MC, Pape GR. Immunology of hepatitis B infection. Lancet Infect Dis 2002; 2:43-50.
27. Azimi N, Jacobson S, Leist T, Waldmann TA. Involvement of IL-15 in the pathogenesis of human T lymphotropic virus type I-associated myelopathy/tropical spastic paraparesis: implications for therapy with a monoclonal antibody directed to the IL-2/15R beta receptor. J Immunol 1999; 163:4064-4072.
28. Azimi N, Nagai M, Jacobson S, Waldmann TA. IL-15 plays a major role in the persistence of tax-specific CD8 cells in HAM/TSP patients. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2001; 98:14559-14564.
29. Dunn C, Peppa D, Khanna P, Nebbia G, Jones M, Brendish N, et al. Temporal analysis of early immune responses in patients with acute hepatitis B virus infection. Gastroenterology 2009; 137:1289-1300.
30. Bosch I, Xhaja K, Estevez L, Raines G, Melichar H, Warke RV, et al. Increased production of interleukin-8 in primary human monocytes and in human epithelial and endothelial cell lines after dengue virus challenge. J Virol 2002; 76:5588-5597.
31. Gern JE, French DA, Grindle KA, Brockman-Schneider RA, Konno S, Busse WW. Double-stranded RNA induces the synthesis of speciﬁc chemokines by bronchial epithelial cells. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 2003; 28:731-737.
32. Kumar A, Haque J, Lacoste J, Hiscott J, Williams BR. Double-stranded RNA-dependent protein kinase activates transcription factor NF-kappa B by phosphorylating I kappa B. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1994; 91:6288-6292.
33. Sands BE, Winston BD, Salzberg B, Safdi M, Barish C, Wruble L, et al. Randomized, controlled trial of recombinant human interleukin-11in patients with active crohn’s disease. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2002; 16:399-406.
34. Kelly GS. Clinical applications of N-acetyl-cysteine. Altern Med Rev 1998; 3:114-127.
35. Zafarullah M, Li WQ, Sylvester J, Ahmad M. Molecular mechanisms of N-acetyl-cysteine actions. Cell Mol Life Sci 2003; 60:6-20.
36. Viora M, Quaranta MG, Straface E, Vari R, Masella R, Malorni W. Redox imbalance and immune functions: Opposite eﬀect of oxidized low-density lipoproteins and N-acetyl-cysteine. Immunology 2001; 104:431-438.
37. Hajnóczky G, Robb-Gaspers LD, Seitz MB, Thomas AP. Decoding of cytosolic calcium oscillations in the mitochondria. Cell 1995; 82:415-424.
38. Matlib MA, Zhou Z, Knight S, Ahmed S, Choi KM, Krause-Bauer J, et al. Oxygen-bridged dinuclear ruthenium amine complex specifically inhibits Ca2+ uptake into mitochondria in vitro and in situ in single cardiac myocytes. J Biol Chem 1998; 273:10223-10231.
39. Hajnóczky G, Hager R, Thomas AP. Mitochondria suppress local feedback activation of inositol 1, 4, 5-trisphosphate receptors by Ca2+. J Biol Chem 1999; 274:14157-14162.
40. Glitsch MD, Bakowski D, Parekh AB. Store‐operated Ca2+ entry depends on mitochondrial Ca2+ uptake. EMBO J 2002; 21:6744-6754.
41. Bouchard MJ, Puro RJ, Wang L, Schneider RJ. Activation and inhibition of cellular calcium and tyrosine kinase signaling pathways identify targets of the HBx protein involved in hepatitis B virus replication. J Virol 2003; 77:7713-7719.
42. Parekh AB. Store‐operated Ca2+ entry: Dynamic interplay between endoplasmic reticulum, mitochondria and plasma membrane. J Physiol 2003; 547:333-348.
43. Parekh AB. Store-operated channels: Mechanisms and function. J Physiol 2008; 586:3033-3034.