1. Yilmaz O, Ersan Y, Ozsahin AD, Ozturk AI, Ozkan Y. Consequences of the combined α-tocopherol, ascorbic acid and α-lipoic acid on the glutathione, cholesterol and fatty acid composition in muscle and liver of diabetic rats. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2013; 16:165-172.
2. Sharma V, Singh M. Attenuation of N-nitro- sodimethylamine induced hepatotoxicity by Operculina turpethum in Swiss Albino mice. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2014; 17:73-80.
3. Pourgholami MH, Majzoob S, Javadi M, Kamalinejad M, Fanaee GHR, Sayyah M. The fruit essential oil of Pimpinella anisum exerts anticonvulsant effects in mice. J Ethnopharmacol 1999; 66:211-215.
4. Tabanca N, Ma G, Pasco DS, Bedir E, Kirimer N, Baser K, et al. Effect of essential oils and isolated compounds from Pimpinella species on NF-κB: a target for antiinflammatory therapy. Phytother Res 2007; 21:741-745.
5. Conforti F, Tundis R, Marrelli M, Menichini F, Statti GA, De Cindio B, et al. Protective effect of Pimpinella anisoides ethanolic extract and its constituents on oxidative damage and its inhibition of nitric oxide in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW 264.7 macrophages. J Med Food 2010; 13:137-141.
6. Orav A, Raal A, Arak E. Essential oil composition of Pimpinella anisum L. fruits from various European countries. Nat Product Res 2008; 22:227-232.
7. Alhaider AA, Al-Moqh IA, Mossa JS, Al-Soohaibani MO, Rafatullah S. Aqueous suspension of anise" Pimpinella an/sum" protects rats against chemically induced gastric ulcers. World J Gastroenterol 2007; 13:1112-1118.
8. Andarwulan N, Shetty K. Phenolic content in differentiated tissue cultures of untransformed and Agrobacterium-transformed roots of anise (Pimpinella anisum L.). J Agricult Food Chem 1999; 47:1776-1780.
9. El Haliem NGA, Mohamed DS. The effect of aspartame on the histological structure of the liver and renal cortex of adult male albino rat and the possible protective effect of Pimpinella anisum oil. Egyp J Histol 2011; 34:715-726.
10. Cengiz N, Ozbek H, Him A. Hepatoprotective effects of Pimpinella anisum seed extract in rats. Pharmacologyonline 2008; 3:870-874.
11. Janbaz KH, Saeed SA, Gilani AH. Protective effect of rutin on paracetamol-and CCl4-induced hepatotoxicity in rodents. Fitoterapia 2002; 73:557-563.
12. Moezi L, Heidari R, Amirghofran Z, Nekooeian AA, Monabati A, Dehpour AR. Enhanced anti-ulcer effect of pioglitazone on gastric ulcers in cirrhotic rats: The role of nitric oxide and IL-1b. Pharmacol Rep 2013; 65:134-143.
13. Heidari R, Babaei H, Roshangar L, Eghbal MA. Effects of enzyme induction and/or glutathione depletion on methimazole-induced hepatotoxicity in mice and the protective role of N-acetylcysteine. Advanc Pharm Bull 2013; In Press.
14. Mohammad Al-Ismail K, Aburjai T. Antioxidant activity of water and alcohol extracts of chamomile flowers, anise seeds and dill seeds. J Sci Food Agric 2004; 84:173-178.
15. Liu H, Qiu N, Ding H, Yao R. Polyphenols contents and antioxidant capacity of 68 Chinese herbals suitable for medical or food uses. Food Res Int 2008; 41:363-370.