1. Asadi H, Orangi M, Shanehbandi D, Babaloo Z, Delazar A, Mohammadnejad L, et al. Methanolic fractions of Ornithogalum cuspidatum induce apoptosis in PC-3 prostate cancer cell line and WEHI-164 fibrosarcoma cancer cell line. Adv Pharm Bull 2014; 4:455-458.
2. Helmy KY, Patel SA, Nahas GR, Rameshwar P. Cancer immunotherapy: accomplishments to date and future promise. Ther Deliv 2013; 4:1307-1320.
3. Yoshimoto T, Morishima N, Okumura M, Chiba Y, Xu M, Mizuguchi J. Interleukins and cancer immunotherapy. Immunotherapy 2009; 1:825-844.
4. Gajewski TF. Cancer immunotherapy. Mol Oncol 2012; 6:242-250.
5. Kowalczyk DW, Wysocki PJ, Mackiewicz A. Cancer immunotherapy using cells modified with cytokine genes. Acta Biochim Pol 2003; 50:613-624.
6. Zarour HM, Ferrone S. Cancer immunotherapy: progress and challenges in the clinical setting. Eur J Immunol 2011; 41:1510.
7. Ohno M, Natsume A, Wakabayashi T. Cytokine therapy. Glioma: Springer; 2012. p. 86-94.
8. Hallaj-Nezhadi S, Valizadeh H, Baradaran B, Dobakhti F, Lotfipour F. Preparation and characterization of gelatin nanoparticles containing pDNA encoding IL-12 and their expression in CT-26 carcinoma cells. Future Oncol 2013; 9:1195-1206.
9. Lotfipour F, Hallaj-Nezhadi S, Valizadeh H, Dastmalchi S, Baradaran B, Jalali MB, et al. Preparation of chitosan-plasmid DNA nanoparticles encoding interleukin-12 and their expression in CT-26 colon carcinoma cells. J Pharm Pharm Sci 2011; 14:181-195.
10. Razi Soofiyani S, Kazemi T, Lotfipour F, Mohammad hosseini A, Shanehbandi D, Hallaj-Nezhadi S, et al. Gene therapy with IL-12 induced enhanced anti-tumor activity in fibrosarcoma mouse model. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol 2016; 44:1988-1993.
11. Xu D, Gu P, Pan PY, Li Q, Sato AI, Chen SH. NK and CD8+ T cell‐mediated eradication of poorly immunogenic B16‐F10 melanoma by the combined action of IL‐12 gene therapy and 4‐1BB costimulation. Int J Cancer 2004; 109:499-506.
12. Beadling C, Slifka MK. Regulation of innate and adaptive immune responses by the related cytokines IL-12, IL-23, and IL-27. Arch Immunol Ther Exp 2006; 54:15-24.
13. Xu M, Mizoguchi I, Morishima N, Chiba Y, Mizuguchi J, Yoshimoto T. Regulation of antitumor immune responses by the IL-12 family cytokines, IL-12, IL-23, and IL-27. Clinical and Developmental immunology 2010; 2010
14. A Engel M, F Neurath M. Anticancer properties of the IL-12 family-focus on colorectal cancer. Current medicinal chemistry 2010; 17:3303-3308.
15. Choi KJ, Zhang SN, Choi IK, Kim JS, Yun CO. Strengthening of antitumor immune memory and prevention of thymic atrophy mediated by adenovirus expressing IL-12 and GM-CSF. Gene Ther 2012; 19:711-723.
16. Suzuki R, Namai E, Oda Y, Nishiie N, Otake S, Koshima R, et al. Cancer gene therapy by IL-12 gene delivery using liposomal bubbles and tumoral ultrasound exposure. J Controll Release 2010; 142:245-250.
17. Bielawska-Pohl A, Blesson S, Benlalam H, Trenado A, Opolon P, Bawa O, et al. The anti-angiogenic activity of IL-12 is increased in iNOS−/− mice and involves NK cells. J Mol Med 2010; 88:775-784
18. Janát-Amsbury MM, Yockman JW, Lee M, Kern S, Furgeson DY, Bikram M, et al. Combination of local, nonviral IL12 gene therapy and systemic paclitaxel treatment in a metastatic breast cancer model. Mol Ther 2004; 9:829-836.
19. Hallaj-Nezhadi S, Dass CR, Lotfipour F. Intraperitoneal delivery of nanoparticles for cancer gene therapy. Future Oncol 2013; 9:59-68.
20. Dass C, Hallaj-Nezhadi S, Lotfipour F. Nanoparticle-mediated interleukin-12 cancer gene therapy. J Pharm Pharm Sci 2010; 13:472-485.
21. Tan H, Wu J, Lao L, Gao C. Gelatin/chitosan/-hyaluronan scaffold integrated with PLGA microspheres for cartilage tissue engineering. Acta Biomater 2009; 5:328-337.
22. Conwell CC, Huang L. Recent advances in non‐viral gene delivery. Adv Genet 2005; 53:1-18.
23. Wang JH, Liu XY. Targeting strategies in cancer gene therapy. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin 2003; 35:311-316.
24. Malvicini M, Ingolotti M, Piccioni F, Garcia M, Bayo J, Atorrasagasti C, et al. Reversal of gastrointestinal carcinoma-induced immunosuppression and induction of antitumoural immunity by a combination of cyclo-phosphamide and gene transfer of IL-12. Mol Oncol 2011; 5:242-255.
25. Newman C, Bettinger T. Gene therapy progress and prospects: ultrasound for gene transfer. Gene Ther 2007; 14:465-475.
26. Taniyama Y, Tachibana K, Hiraoka K, Namba T, Yamasaki K, Hashiya N, et al. Local delivery of plasmid DNA into rat carotid artery using ultrasound. Circulation 2002; 105:1233-1239.
27. Shen Z, Brayman A, Chen L, Miao C. Ultrasound with microbubbles enhances gene expression of plasmid DNA in the liver via intraportal delivery. Gene Ther 2008; 15:1147-1155.
28. Walser TC, Ma X, Kundu N, Dorsey R, Goloubeva O, Fulton AM. Immune-mediated modulation of breast cancer growth and metastasis by the chemokine Mig (CXCL9) in a murine model. J Immunother 2007; 30:490-498.
29. You CX, Shi M, Liu Y, Cao M, Luo R, Hermonat PL. AAV2/IL-12 gene delivery into dendritic cells (DC) enhances CTL stimulation above other IL-12 applications: Evidence for IL-12 intracrine activity in DC. Oncoimmunology 2012; 1:847-855
30. Reay J, Gambotto A, Robbins P. The antitumor effects of adenoviral-mediated, intratumoral delivery of interleukin 23 require endogenous IL-12. Cancer Gene Ther 2012; 19:135-143.
31. Fallarino F, Ashikari A, Boon T, Gajewski TF. Antigen-specific regression of established tumors induced by active immunization with irradiated IL-12-but not B7-1-transfected tumor cells. Int Immunol 1997; 9:1259-1269.
32. Qin Z, Schwartzkopff J, Pradera F, Kammertœns T, Seliger B, Pircher H, et al. A critical requirement of interferon γ-mediated angiostasis for tumor rejection by CD8+ T cells. Cancer Res 2003; 63:4095-4100.
33. Wasungu L, Hoekstra D. Cationic lipids, lipoplexes and intracellular delivery of genes. J Controll Release 2006; 116:255-264.
34. Swain S, Babu S, Beg S, Jena J. Nanoparticles for Cancer Targeting: Current and Future Directions. Current drug delivery 2016.
35. Khaja F, Jayawardena D, Kuzmis A, Önyüksel H. Targeted sterically stabilized phospholipid siRNA nanomedicine for hepatic and renal fibrosis. Nanomaterials 2016; 6:8.
36. Sandbichler AM, Aschberger T, Pelster B. A method to evaluate the efficiency of transfection reagents in an adherent zebrafish cell line. Biores Open Access 2013; 2:20-27.
37. Chada S, Ramesh R, Mhashilkar AM. Cytokine-and chemokine-based gene therapy for cancer. Curr Opin Mol Ther 2003; 5:463-474.
38. Yang Y, Chen J, Li H, Wang Y, Xie Z, Wu M, et al. Porcine interleukin-2 gene encapsulated in chitosan nanoparticles enhances immune response of mice to piglet paratyphoid vaccine. Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis 2007; 30:19-32.
39. Zhang DY, Shen XZ, Wang JY, Dong L, Zheng YL, Wu LL. Preparation of chitosan-polyaspartic acid-5-fluorouracil nanoparticles and its anti-carcinoma effect on tumor growth in nude mice. World J Gastroenterol 2008; 14:3554-3562.